Mighty Maxima

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

b15philly

I use old reliable...my 2003 Nissan Maxima with the VQ35DE 6 speed Nissan's iron horse motor its very unconventional but it gets the job done for now, plenty of power for towing:cheers: a single ski. Looking to get a Chevy 1500 SS that's a bad ass truck

yeah you can tow a single ski with pretty much anything; my mom has a class II hitch on the back of her 97 caravan with the 2.4L 4 cylinder and it tows it just fine; can't tow my boat but it does great with the GTX

I know my car has enough power to tow and I can get a hitch put on, but it is rear wheel drive... isn't there a chance it will slip on the launch ramp?

the other day at the launch I saw a 350z pull out 2skis so I guess if u can get good traction anything is possible

Saab

I use my 03, 9-3 for towing. It tows up to 3,500 lbs w/ trailer brakes, 1k w/o.
I installed the OEM hitch & harness which is hidden when the receiver is off and I have no problems getting in and out of the water. Biggest issue is that the car sits really low so I usually avoid using any nature-made ramps that might have uneven terrain.

I'll post pics next time..

A mini has enough power to pull the trailer… the problem is, if the trailer starts t sway… you don’t have enough weight or enough wheel base to get it under control, but a single ski won’t give anyone problems.

i have a saturn vue V6 and it pulls the seadoo boat just fine, after all it does have the same motor as the honda pilot and ridgeline. :cheers:

I use old reliable...my 2003 Nissan Maxima with the VQ35DE 6 speed Nissan's iron horse motor its very unconventional but it gets the job done for now, plenty of power for towing:cheers: a single ski. Looking to get a Chevy 1500 SS that's a bad ass truck

I have the exact same car you do. How is it on the ramp? Normally I will use my Tahoe, but nice to know the Max may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back