Merc engine surges every 10 seconds or so...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevmule

Greetings,

I recently purchased a 2000 Speedster Sk (beautiful boat!) and dropped it in the water this past week. The problem I am having, the engine or throttle or whatever surges. Forward or reverse, it doesn't matter.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an adjustment that I can make myself without taking it in for repairs. I had to take it to a dealer right after I bought it for a new stator and a fuel pump. I paid $1000 just for those repairs. It seemed that the parts weren't that expensive but the labor was outrageous. They said they worked on it for two days before they could diagnose the problem and repair it. Anyway, what should it have cost?

After that wake up call to new boating, I'm a little strapped for cash to join the premium membership right away. I will in the future but right now does anyone have a suggestion?

Also, my steering wheel always seemed to have been turned toward the right when going straight on the water. Is this an alignment issue?

AND finally, does anyone know where I can pick up a yellow driver's side armrest for this boat? My plastic cracked real bad and it won't stay on.

I hope I helped the person with the key issue. This is now my second post!

Thanks

Kevin, welcome to the seadoo forum. The "premium Membership" is only $10.95 a month. (click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for details) You can join for 1 month and download your authentic seadoo manual and down load it for keeps for your personal and privet use, or read it on line as a pdf file. Just before the month is over cancel it. You have access to all the manuals and operator guides for all the models in the library. It sounds like the problem could be stator related or fuel related...I would call the repairing dealer and tell them about the problem before you dig in, to repair it your self, as it could void anything available in the sense of a warranty. If they messed up...they should repair it on their dime! Be sure to tell them that...YOU EXPECT TO PAY NO MORE TO HAVE IT RIGHT.
For the arm rest item...try E-bay..

Lastly on the steering it could be an alignment issue. Check the nozzle with the steering wheel pointed straight and adjust accordingly to be straight. All this is covered with pictures in the manual too.

Keep us posted. If you still have questions, let us know, were here to help you out.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back