may be seized

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

day on lake

Hi

Just wanted to get a few ideas of what may be going on with my seadoo

started when i took to have wear ring changed guy said my pump was warped and sold me a "good :( " used unit, got to lake ran 8 mins maybe and chewed ring all to pieces bound up so took back to shop

he put on an aluminum one he brought up from florida over 1000 bucks, took back to lake and drove maybe another 10 mins, she stalled my son was on so i dont know if made any noise but he said it read high temp, she now will hardly turn over, took back to shop again he said computer showed normal temp when she stopped frustrated and broke at this point so parked all summer

yesterday i wanted to get some antifreeze in exhaust or at least make sure all water was out b4 freeze, boosted her, she rolls very slow pistons are going up and down, removed new pump same she is not bound there

if she were seized would she turn at all any ideas of what maybe going on would be great

ps she had been properly fogged and winterized and had worked graet other than wear ring summer b4

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

Since you have two threads on the same subject I'm going to delete the thread titled "dead seadoo".

I'm not an expert on 4-teks, but from what you're saying you have a bad battery. Probably a dead cell, I hope when you boosted your SeaDoo you just used another battery and not from a running vehicle.

Lou

I've jumped mine a coupla times....no probs. I've jumped from one running ski to a deader...no prob. I've jumped from a 50amp charger...no probs.

red2blue, you are living a charmed life. If I were you I would go play the lottery. :cheers:

Are you sure the impeller area is not your issue.

Seems since it was repaired it keeps having issues. Pumps can seize list like an engine.

thanks for removing other thread my pc froze and thought did not send

I did boost from a vehicle (not running)
I dont think is pump as removed it and same thing
the guy i took it too said probably a main bearing but was so sick of it by then I just dragged home and left it for summer with intentions of parting out if was the engine
only has a 100 hours and as far as i know oil has been changed when supposed too I did this spring b4 taking it to have wear ring replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back