Love the hawkeye mod.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

thezamfamily

i bought my 97 challenger last week, its on overall good shape, but the speedo,tach, and gas guage dont work. the oil light works and the back lights work on the speedo and gas guage. Anyways the hawkeye install would be quite simple if i eliminated one of these guages correct? speed isnt important to me so i could pull that out and put the hawkeye in its place correct, or would you go another route? Just curious. Thanks for any input!

Speedo....?

I have the 97 model Challenger and did just what you are asking. My speedo didn't work when I bought it. The previous owner said the dog chewed the wires up but the gage was also busted, so I removed it and the Hawkeye fits right in perfectly!.........no cutting.

I followed Karls instructions to the tee but this past weekend, with all the wave jumping, the finder face plate popped off and then, it started spinning around. So, I removed it and used some clear silicone and put a dab around the edges and on the threads, so that when I tightened it up and it dried, it may hold it's place a bit better.

It looks good too...........lights up and all at night, goes well with the rest of my gages...........:cheers:

Speedo....

Actually, my speedo is busted up at the time, so I put it in the hole for it. Fit perfect. Used the power wire for it.

But there is an accesory wire up front for other accessories. So, if you see another wire, but it's taped up, not being used, that's it. I think it has a plug on it.

I'm going to look at the schematics so I don't give you a wrong wire........o.k, I actually went back into Karls thread. Click on his link above and you'll go to the instruction page. He's tapping into the purple power wire to the fuel gage and grounding to the black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back