Looking at a 2008 RXP-X 255 and a 2004 RXP 215 need opinions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerstroke250r

Hey guys. I am looking for a new ski as I sold my GP1200 and GTX. I always have been fond of two seater skis that turn sharp and are sporty. I have found two skis I am considering. I was wanting to know if there are any common issues with these two skis for there years and models. I know what to look for on a basic ski inspection. One is a 2004 RXP (black & Green) 215. Has about 100 hours on it. I know the owner and he is the original owner. The ski was serviced every year but the supercharger was never rebuilt. He is offering it to me for $4K with trailer, but I would have to rebuild the supercharger as since its never been done I dont want to flirt with disaster. Ski two is a 2008 RXP-X 255. I am leaning towards this one because of the 40 more Horses and newer. Supercharger was rebuilt, has 109 hours and said it was serviced every year. I know nothing on the history of the ski. He is asking $5500 without trailer. I was thinking more like $5K.

Just mainly looking to ski if there were some known problems for those years. I am a yamaha ski guy so other than the 98 GTX I just sold I never have had my personal ski be a seadoo but I have dealt with tons of Seadoos 2000 and before, just not the newer ones.

Thanks again
Tyler

2008 is one of the best years for not having as many known issues. They upgraded the SC in 2008
from the ceramic washers in pre-2007 and earlier. Some 2008's had rear motor mount issues as
well as cracking/weakness in the drive tunnel area so check for that. The 2004 had the SC issue with ceramic washers but once rebuilt that was solved. They also had sodium filled valves that were sometimes prone to breaking - a very costly repair or preventive repair. IMO the 2008 is the one you should focus on but get proof SC was rebuilt. The 04 SC MUST be rebuilt before riding and that's a $500 bill immediately.

Good history lesson Lama.. I data logged that info! The 255hp boat seems so more explosive than 215 I would hestitate on upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back