lights on PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rksnow1

Hi, I saw alot of posts for people adding LEDs to their jet boats. Anyone ever done this to a PWC? Or know if the battery will handle the drain or what would have to be done.

Im not looking for show, but utility really. Just wanted to know if its possible or cost effective. I have an old 90 SP that I run in the Delaware (in a section where there are too many rocks and not enough water). Not too worried abut sinking it but..

I want to make up some underwater lighting so I can see the rocks and bottom when Im floating through. There is a shallow stretch I have to run to get through to deeper water Most of the time its too shallow for a depth finder and coming back to the ramp at dusk gets tricky.

Thanks

Ray

Nobody does it because PWC are not allowed on the water after sunset. Even if you put on the required NAV lights… you still can’t run at night. Since that is a US Coast Guard law… I’m sure your state can’t supersede it.

BUT… LED’s don’t pull that much power… and it would take a long time to pull down a good PWC battery.

Oh… I forgot to mention… you can’t run any other lights, while underway, other than approved NAV lights. You can have colored (or white) LED’s running only if you are tied up at a dock. And you could still get busted for that since you would be showing non-approved lighting while “Anchored.”

Just my 2 cents… take it for what it’s worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a reference for the USCG law about PWC not able to run NAV lights? Alabama law says you can operate with Nav lights

hmmm most states dont allow pwc to be used at night. reason is the noise more than the fact that they dont have nav lights

You can marry your sister in Alabama but that doesn’t mean you should…

Why? If you marry your sister, your parents will be BOTH your parents and in-laws. One less set of people you have to have family disputes.

Well, if that is true, I'm packing my bags to Alabama. :rofl:

Yeah I'm thinking with the proper modification of NAV lights your OK. We asked a coast guard here in Ohio on Lake Erie and he said with NAV lights your OK. Now I know some of the nav light requirements are different compared to the ocean so, that may be the differance.

Although, whoever said something about using other lights while underway has a good point. That would be no good..

You cannot marry your sister in Alabama,only your first cousin...afterall it is the 21 century.:lols:

I love Alabama jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back