vibration in my 04 rxp 215 and noise diffence

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamhall83

hi guys, new here and new to the pwc world.
ive got a rxp 215(first pwc for me) thats been going well but took it out yesterday and after the 5th ride felt a vibration coming though the driveline and sound was slightly different sounding like the charger wasnt screaming as usual (i am very fussy with sounds and feeling so picked up on it very quick)
before i parked it up done a quick rpm and speed test and still get to 112kms no worries and rpm still hitting 8100.
water was pretty average but am well aware of shallow water ect but still took the bottom grid off and looked for objects caught in the prop but couldnt see anything except a peice of residual reed caught on the grid itself. took the intake off the charger thinking possibly the charger bearing or washer but the shaft is very tight and any movement i do get (1/6 turn maybe) is under full compression and need to squeeze 2 hands in to turn with the fingers as its too hard. took the plugs out and all 3 looked pretty good with white residue being visable assuming from clean high octane fuel and no oil at all. will do a compression test tonight as im anal as with things so want to be 100%, leads seem ok also. ive also checked the oil in the donk and there is no gunk or metal flecks nor is there alloy dust in the out hose on the charger. still starts and runs fine by the way, clean fuel, always fogged, flushed, and sprayed with inox after rides.
any advice would be great.
i do have a mechanic coming in a few days but i like doing things myself if i can to save a buck or 2 so if can diagnose the issue would be great. (ps the mechanic will be doing a service and full cheack at the least so im not out to cut the mechanic out all together, just dont wanna put his kids through college)

thanks guys

A tiny weed/reed on the impeller or shaft will cause a vibration. Anything bigger than something tiny will normally loose some performance. You generally will not lose any RPMs though.

Also, the 4-tec engines LOVE their spark plugs. I'd simply replace them.

To be able to spin the SC with your fingers should be VERY hard to impossible.

If it hasn't been rebuilt already then it needs to be as the 04 model had ceramic washers. They fail and fall into the engine and then the engine has to get pulled to get them out.

Well aware of the ceramic bomb.. The supercharger has definately been apart as assured by the last owner as I can see obvious signs of being pulled appart. Still a possibility of a cracked metal washer or bearing I guess. 86 hours on it now and charger done about 20 ago. Will definately be getting taken off in a few days by the mechanic for a check.. It takes alot more force to turn the shaft as appossed to opening a bottle of coke with you fingertips if that gives you an idea.. Impossible for most to turn..
Am definately hoping a Reed still and will be an easy fix for the mechanic.. Will get some new plugs and try that also..

I had a similar issue with my RXP and a slight grinding/whining noise. Turned out to be a bad jet pump bearing. But this was very distinct at the rear of the ski.

So bloke has been.. Jet pump bearing buggered and one of the plugs fouled surprisingly in sync hence vibration and loss of power.. They idle reasonably well on 2.. Cheers guys.. Easy fix. Getting a worx intake grate to ease the free spin as my machine likes to jump as do I.. Lol.. Turns out it has a solas impeller and stainless wear ring.. X charger, intercooler upgrade, remap, Strait though pipe, pod filter and 42lb injectors to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back