Leafblower Inflator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

biffdotorg

So with the rise of towables and inflatables size, so has the options for inflating them.

We have a HO Havoc tube, that I blow up using a Hi-volume, Low-pressure pump designed for an air mattress. It works fine, and we only need to top it off every few weeks as it looses a bit of air.

So this spring, my wife decides to buy a floating island for her birthday. We have rented a lake place, and she feels this will be great for her and the girls to hang out and enjoy cocktails on.

AquaLounge6.jpg

This will not be something I will deflate, drag to the sandbar and re-inflate. As I don't want to be "that guy" that sits for 45 minutes running an inflator with it's high-pitched noise.

Since this is so much bigger than the HO Havoc tube, I think I may need a new inflator. I have heard word of people using a leaf blower and the right reducer to inflate these big boys. I could see us deflating it to store indoors when we are away.

I do have a 110v B&D Leaf Hog. I did find that the reducer for the air mattress does fit loosely in the nozzle. Either a strong hand, or some duct tape and I may be in business.

1972360_10152063437860009_5701098452659200914_n.jpg

Let me know if anyone else is using a leaf blower!

Are you the Tom Cruise looking guy with sunglasses or the dude with dreads?

I have been eyeing the 18V battery powered leaf blowers at Home Depot for a while now, mostly to blow dry the cars after washing. I like the inflation idea a lot.

Heck yes, with a cold bud in my hand!! (oh my cheesy stock photos)

I had a tough time finding info about these things before buying it. As BRP and SeaDoo don't acknowledge their existence on their websites. You have to go to seadooinflatable.com or directly here: http://www.seadooseascooter.com/seadootowable/inflatables.html

I suppose these are just some other Chinese made toy that licensed the SeaDoo name. Although, these are nice stuff as they are much better quality than the cheesy intex crap sold at Fleet Farm and the warehouse clubs. Fleet farm used to sell this one, but we got it on Amazon for much less and free shipping.

I noticed a few youtube videos of guys using the leafblower method. I will have to post one up once we do it. Since we will be inflating it at the cabin, there is no reason why we won't have power.

Good stuff for sure!

I keep thinking about a floating island. I know my kids want one... but with all the room on the Islandia... it's become a moot point.

I use a shop vac to inflate my lake toys. Just reverse the hose to the exhaust outlet.
Granted, I live on a lake and have power at the dock and 50 feet away at the garage.
What about a gas powered blower.....then you won't need electric power cord??

I hope I didn't thumb that idea down. I clicked "like this" Sorry.

I dig the blender idea. I did get a chance to test the Leaf Hog this weekend. I topped off the HO tube and it blew like a Mother!! No issues holding the reducer in the end. If it's an issue, I will keep some duct tape on hand, but I want to be able to switch sizes too.

The leave hog is 110v, but we will be at the cabin, so it should not be an issue. I laughed at the manual saying, don't drag the island, four people can easily carry it to the water!! HOLY CRAP, 4 people!

Have fun guys!

This is what I had in, mind, completely portable and do not need a power source, I can blow up a raft at the edge of the water if needed.

365.jpg

Attachments

• 416Edg1KV6L._SX300_.jpg
    416Edg1KV6L._SX300_.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 15
Are you the Tom Cruise looking guy with sunglasses or the dude with dreads?

I have been eyeing the 18V battery powered leaf blowers at Home Depot for a while now, mostly to blow dry the cars after washing. I like the inflation idea a lot.

I have been using a compressor to inflate the stuff, but, it takes FOREVER. I recently heard of a guy who used a leaf blower to inflate his stuff and apparently it works much faster.

I have been using a compressor to inflate the stuff, but, it takes FOREVER. I recently heard of a guy who used a leaf blower to inflate his stuff and apparently it works much faster.

It would have a large volume of air but would. It have the ability to pump any pressure to speak of. So it would be able to inflate most water goats and things like that. But not anything that would require any real PSI such as a tire for example.

But it sure would inflate our toys quickly.

Since starting this thread,we have been using the leaf blower exclusively on the island and large tubes. It's the way to go. I even stopped using the reducer, just put the nozzle over the opening and let her buck

Inflation time is amazing. We can top it off with a high volume/low pressure compressor as needed

Good luck.

This is what I had in, mind, completely portable and do not need a power source, I can blow up a raft at the edge of the water if needed.

365.jpg

That's exactly what I use for my tubes and inflatables. The Worx blower comes with all of the attachments in that pic INCLUDING a deflator ATTACHMENT (it's that funnel shaped attachment that snaps onto the underside of the blower where the fan is). Mine didn't have the extensions for blowing out GUTTERS.

It beats the hell out of a bicycle pump or a tiny electric pump.

I have found what I consider to be the definitive portable inflator for carrying with you on your PWC. It is something that easily fits inside a dry bag INSIDE my front compartment WITH my two person towable tube.

The biggest problem I had with towing a tube with my SeaDoo was how to transport that tube through No Ski Zones and maintain speeds above idle. I decided that it would be ideal to transport it deflated and inflate on site and deflate when done. But how do I pull that off? My leaf blower (posted above) was just too large but it inflates that tube in about a minute.

The Ryobi portable 18v volume inflator does not include a battery, but uses the same Ryobi batteries as the tools you may already have.

I put my tow rope, deflated tube and inflator (inside a dry bag) in the front compartment of my GTI or GTR. If you have a small front compartment this inflator will probably fit inside. In that case I would secure the deflated tube to the seat, or back deck of your PWC. Once you're done tubing, floating or whatever, use that tool to rapidly and fully deflate your tube.

It's great to have and since I bought it, I haven't gone to the lake without it.

Back