Lakes around the Calgary area

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
sharma not sure about the condition of the lake but from the pictures on the previous page it looks like it's worth taking a chance to head down there tmrw. Ghost Lake has melted fairly well in just the past few days so I have a feeling Pine won't have anymore icebergs to watch out for.

I'll be there tmrw in a black/yellow seadoo boat so feel free to say hello. :cheers:

Pine lake and Pine Coulee are two different places.:) I'm sure all the ice will be of the Coulee by now, and Wayne99 has already been on Little Bow so I know it is ready to go.

I think I'm going to pull the boat out of the garage this afternoon and head down to the shop to summerize it, and see about putting the depth finder in.

Aaron:cheers:

Drove out to Gull yesterday and there is still a lot of ice on it - looks pretty thin though so, just as long as we get some sun, it won't be around for long :hurray:

Went to Pine Lake and looks like the lake is ready to go,the water is a little cold but no ice

Attachments

• IMG00067-20090510-1609.jpg
    IMG00067-20090510-1609.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
If or where is everyone going this weekend to get the "doos" wet? We are hoping to head to Minnewanka as long as the ice is gone.
I didn't know you could power boat on Minnewanka. That would be an awesome day trip! ...in july that is:chillpill:
:cheers:

Minnewanka Is boat friendly, but if I remember correctly they do not allow PWCs on the lake. Looks like a nice lake and I keep saying I should take a day trip out there, but it just looks so cold.:ack:

Attachments

• Banff 013small.JPG
    Banff 013small.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Banff 007small.JPG
    Banff 007small.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Banff 009small.JPG
    Banff 009small.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 28
Lee is right there are no PWC allowed, same as Waterton...National Parks=PWC ban. We kayaked Minnewanka last September, lots of boats and they even have seasonal slips for house boats. At 300' deep there is little chance of nailing a rock reef ;).

We should get the Calgary forum members together one day this summer for a group run.

Didn't make it out to Pine Coulee last weekend, got sent to Hawaii on business :) I'm looking forward to taking lots of time off this summer to Seadoo though :cheers:

Rookie thanks for clarifying there are two different Pine bodies of water in Alberta. Heard that Chesterslew is now open for boats, even though I'm not about to drop the $40 fee. Great to know Minnewanka allows boats too, I did go fishing to a lake about 34 km east of Calgary last week and did see a guy with a Lund in the water, this may be my new spot when I just want to get some water sports in on the weekends when it may be hard to find calm water. I'll let you know how it is once I get out on this one :)

I'm up for a meet anytime, should we start planning one for June? So should we do it on a Sat or Sun? Lets pick a date and make it happen, know a few Seadoo owners who aren't on this forum so I'll let them know too. I'm thinking Ghost Lake so we can hit some of the white water :cheers: for those looking for a bit of excitement

I did go fishing to a lake about 34 km east of Calgary last week and did see a guy with a Lund in the water, this may be my new spot when I just want to get some water sports in on the weekends when it may be hard to find calm water. I'll let you know how it is once I get out on this one :)

More information on this lake when you get it please.

Meet this weekend has been postponed due to weather, I'm thinking we get a few Seadoos out on ghost lake Saturday June 13th. This may work out better since the water will be warmer and levels higher, great time to go up river :cheers:

Who's in for June 13th? I'll try to keep a list going this time and feel free to invite friends out too. I'll bring a small BBQ and you can bring some munchies to grill up :cheers:

Boats coming to Ghost one June 13th
1. Rockywakes - 4tec
2. Rockywakes Guest - Islandia

Put me down for now. Should not be a problem as long as the weather is better than it's supposed to be this Sunday.:ack:

Aaron I have a gut feeling the weather will work out this time around :hat:

Should we also invite boats with propellers? I have a few friends with those Pentas and Mercruisers who would be happy to join, we may have to leave them for the river run but this will just make them a little jealous since they are already out on the water

Boats coming to Ghost on June 13th
1. Rockywakes - 4tec
2. Rockywakes Guest - Islandia
3. rookie101 - Utopia

Rats - the 13th will not work for us as we have a golf tourney (although they were struggling with numbers last I heard).

Rats - the 13th will not work for us as we have a golf tourney (although they were struggling with numbers last I heard).

I'm good for either Saturday or Sunday, so what ever works better for most people.

Aaron

I'm good for either Saturday or Sunday, so what ever works better for most people.

Aaron

Same here... rdradu can you make it out on the Sunday June 14th? Let me know and I'll gladly switch the date since I know everyone who is already planning to come out can make it out on the 14th too...

I was thinking for lunch we can anchor up near the island or in one of the coves, I'll bring out a bbq and anyone is free to make good use of it. We can also do a group cruise up the river with our Seadoos. Other then that it will be a casual atmosphere and everyone is free to relax, waterports , fish etc. Does this sound like a decent plan? Any suggestions?

Cheers Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
The weather is looking good for Sunday 26 degrees :hurray:

So who else is coming out out Ghost Lake this Sunday? Lee or Radu?

Rookie I'll let moeman know we'll be out too.

Hi all - if it's going to be that nice I think that it would be a great opportunity to slide down to 'meet the gang'. Will confirm as the weekend gets closer but right now I would say that it is an 80% yes :cheers:
Thanks for the offer of the use of the BBQ Rockywakes!

I knew there was something else this weekend. Can't make it this time,my bro's 50th birthday party on Sun. If I had a bigger boat I'd bring the whole fam damly:) You guys have fun,hope it's a hot one :cheers:

PS: I like your weather forecasts,rocky :p

Lee, to bad you can't make it.

As long as the weather holds, I will be out with the Uboat. I know there are a few other Calgary folk on the forum, so if anyone reads this be sure to let us know if you can make it. It does not matter if you have a ski or a sport boat, the more the merrier.

Wayne99, Praire Mountain Man and sharmavibhor if you guys can make it come on out. If someone does not want to haul their boat, they can ride in the Utopia, just let me know.

Hi Guys sorry I wont be able to come this weekend as I am in US for some work training but will definately be there the next weekend

Sorry rookie

Back