Keep, Trade, or Sale (just venting)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetboater02

Hey All,
I'm kind of having a dilemma here, I love my Islandia but I feel like Sea-Doo as a brand just abandoned all of us boaters. I can't take my boat to a sea-doo dealership anymore because they no longer work on mercury engines, being in the military limits my free time, I kinda want a boat that I can spend the week on the lake with, and well a company that sticks by their brand.
Don't get me wrong, I love some of the project work that I need to do with my boat but there are time where I want to take it into a dealership instead of the backwater-run down looking places that I have found so far to service a Mercury engine. :banghead: I feel like I have invested into a company that only cares about their PWC customers. :facepalm: I know I'm gonna put some time, elbow grease, and $$ into restoring the upholstery (3 deployment, 3 boat covers, and 2 crappy boat storage yards worth of damage) but the over question is keep, trade, or sale? I'm looking for some feedback from my fellow Sea-doo boaters.
Thanks
:patriot:

I kind of understand what you are saying.... but Seadoo officially stopped working on the Merc boats in 2006. So, to come to this epiphany at this point is a little late. And honestly... that's what sea doo has always done.

With that said... any Merc dealer, or boat shop that is Merc certified can work on your boat. So, it's not like you are left out in the cold. Also, the parts are EZ to get. Albeit, they are expensive.

The other nice thing is, the majority of the parts on the boat are "generic" in nature. The handles, sink, pumps, latches, etc can all be bought at any boat shop. The only things you can't get, are the "hard parts" specific to the boat. (fiberglass, seat bases, etc)

If you like the boat, it's not an easy style to replace. Hurricane boats makes something close, but you will be in the same situation in the next 5~8 years, and it will cost you $40k to get a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Honda as always is the voice of reason.

I actually didn't know that about sea-doo when I bought the boat back in 06. I was young and dumb and believed the sales man about everything. Oh well you know what they say about hind sight.

I guess it is time to read some upholstery threads....

If you are going to take the job on yourself... one of our members started a small sea doo upholstery shop, and I'm sure he would love to get his hands on you old covers to make patterns. I'm sure he would give you a discount if you help him.

His name is Keith, and his shop is http://seadooupholstery.com/

Let him know Tony aka: Dr Honda sent you.

If you are going to take the job on yourself... one of our members started a small sea doo upholstery shop, and I'm sure he would love to get his hands on you old covers to make patterns. I'm sure he would give you a discount if you help him.

His name is Keith, and his shop is http://seadooupholstery.com/

Let him know Tony aka: Dr Honda sent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back