Jumps out of forward

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jemcne7

I've got a 2006 Sea-Doo Sportster 4-Tec. While cruising (usually at less than full speed) it will suddenly seem to slip into neutral. I can still rev up to max but boat moves at no more than 5-10 miles an hour. It seems like the gate has slipped into neutral. It still works in reverse and neutral as it is supposed to.

I have never been able to see what position the gate is in when the problem occurs. With repeated shifting into reverse and back to forward it will eventually just as miraculously start working again and go full speed. By the time I get to shore it is working correctly & there is nothing to see that looks wrong.

Very frustrating and often happens at the most inopportune times, a long way from shore. It makes this boat very unreliable and as a result we do not use it very often. It probably has less than 20 hours on it in total.

This problem has occurred numerous times and I've had it back to the dealer a couple of times. Of course it never does this when they have it and they do not seem to have ever heard of this problem before or have a suggested fix.

I'm taking it to the dealer Thurs and would like to have something to tell them and/or confirm that I'm not the only one with this problem.

HELP - Jim McNeill

There is a latch on the reverse bucket. Either it's broken/warn, or the forward/nu/rev cable isn't adjusted properly (it could have stretched) and it's not engaging the latch correctly.

Inspect the latch. If it looks good... I would take the cable off, and turn the ball end in 1 or 2 turns, and put it back on.

How to find #23

I think you should investigate the hook #23 on the Microphishe

I'm relatively new to the forum - I assume by #23 on Microphishe" you are referring to an earlier post, but I tried the search feature but can't find it.

How to I find what you are referring to ?? - Thanks - Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back