Jet ski fishing set up pics...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
:agree: They probably got more invested in retrofitting their ski into a fishing boat than it would cost to buy a damn boat. But hey if that's what they want to do, have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmmmmmm...

I hope it's not yours... and if it is... don't take this the wrong way... but that's the gayest thing I've seen.

I know this is old but thats hilarious. I thought the exact same thing. Its kind of like a moped... you cant take em serious, but they are a blast to give hell

I don't have a fishing rack though I do have a rack for my scuba tanks,BC,fins, lift bags and a few other things. I use mine for wreck diving and spear fishing. I would think those hugh racks are rather light, most likely made from sch 5 stainless steel.

MAN! You guys who go offshore fishing in a jetski got some nads on You!

Being out that far on a ski that could have engine problems at any time, Yikes!

Not to mention falling off or getting flipped by a wave.

Maybe I'm a chicken, but the "men in grey suits" live out there!

It's all in how you look at it. If you sink in a boat or ski, your in the water... If the ocean is bad.., you should not be out in a boat. Never heard of a shark jumping an skier. It's just a mind set. Do half the shit I've done in the Marines an fishing offshore from a ski is nothing!

Slug-O

I see your point. Just talking about offshore Slug-O. From what I have seen, these would be great and probably fun for inshore fishing!

Would actually love to try it places like Apalachicola Bay, Pamlico Sound, or coast of Louisiana. Close to shore of course :).

Just saying you offshore guys got more guts than I do.

Also, thank you for your service Slug-O and Semper FI!!

I have been a member for 15 minutes and I already have had enough.
I thought it was bad when I rode and it was always one bike maker against the other, or, as I was recouping from a crushed femur, the 'opinions' said when I put a trolling motor on a my kayak.
In many ways the boating world doesn't understand the Pwc world.

I am sorry that the majority of you can't see beyond your little ponds.

It might not be your cup of tea but pushing the limits have always made the engineering better..

I am looking at either a Sea doo wave or a yami fxho. Either will be used to go well offshore.

I joined in the hope to get some straight info on the brand from here but I refuse to subject myself to the load of cr*p that I have seen..

To those that may not agree with the extreme efforts of Brian and the like but understood and appreciated the work I apologize.

To the others that vent they're uncensored opinion and disgust I can only say 'Administrator... Please cancel my membership as quickly as possible. I have no need for you anymore.'

I don't really understand your problem. This is an old thread and members are allowed to express their views, I don't understand how you can condemn the forum based on one thread and the views of a few members.

Believe me I'm not trying to change your mind so if that's your opinion, Bye. We will have to survive without your assistance.

Lou

I have been a member for 15 minutes and I already have had enough.
I thought it was bad when I rode and it was always one bike maker against the other, or, as I was recouping from a crushed femur, the 'opinions' said when I put a trolling motor on a my kayak.
In many ways the boating world doesn't understand the Pwc world.

I am sorry that the majority of you can't see beyond your little ponds.

It might not be your cup of tea but pushing the limits have always made the engineering better..

I am looking at either a Sea doo wave or a yami fxho. Either will be used to go well offshore.

I joined in the hope to get some straight info on the brand from here but I refuse to subject myself to the load of cr*p that I have seen..

To those that may not agree with the extreme efforts of Brian and the like but understood and appreciated the work I apologize.

To the others that vent they're uncensored opinion and disgust I can only say 'Administrator... Please cancel my membership as quickly as possible. I have no need for you anymore.'

Sundancer, As Lou said every member may have a different opinion on any one subject.
How many threads have you read all the way though?
If you are looking to trouble a problem this jet-ski fishing thread isn't one to help you.
but anyways if you decide to leave, good luck at the dealerships...aka stealerships.

I guess I dun needs to fess up to you fellers. I bin a fishin off a my ski fer the past couple weeks. I bin a fishing in the channel off my back yard so I sits backward right on the ski up on the ramp. Pritty comfy. I'm starting ta see these fellers point.

I guess I dun needs to fess up to you fellers. I bin a fishin off a my ski fer the past couple weeks. I bin a fishing in the channel off my back yard so I sits backward right on the ski up on the ramp. Pritty comfy. I'm starting ta see these fellers point.

As long as you have the right cup holders, I don't sees'a problem wit dat.

haha was just reading up on some pwc fishin' and oh am i ready to take on the fish out ere gentlamens! they gon' be watiing on me come may/june

I have been offshore fishing for many years. Jet ski Fishing is another type of fishing, more adrenaline, more challenging, and a personal experience that has no words. The great thing is that you can get to the spot fast, fish, and head back fast to the beach. It is not for the faint of heart. Try it,

Even though I mainly fish off my 28' Pursuit, I do love fishing of my JetSki. Rnortiz is right. It is a great fealing and fun.

We fish right beside this guy out of Ruddee Inlet here in va beach all the time during the striper season. Water temp is average 42-49 degrees and hes running out with a spray type shield for a windshield his new skis are freaking insane!!. he also wears dry suit. He tuna and dolphin fishes out of Oregon inlet on a regular basis. I think its cool, if thats what the guy wants to do then have at it!!! I might take my new ski out to the C-B LINE for cobia and to the CBLT 13 miles off the beach spear fishing spade fish when I get er' right. Fish on Fellas!!!

I am not an avid fisherman, but I hope to fish of my seadoo. Part of the reason for the big model. There is a lot of cost savings in using a vehicle for many activities. The PWC is to water like the motorcycle is to off road. Why ride a motorcycle when you can get in a vehicle. Its more fun, nimble, and exhilarating. I like to ride my street legal dirtbike (Dualsport) on the freeway sometimes. Crazy world we live in!

Hi, my name is Daniel AKA Handyman Dan. I am setting up a 2002 Yamaha SUV 1200 for offshore sport fishing.
I am looking forward to finishing my jet ski so that I can head offshore to do some fishing. Let me know any suggestions that you might have for me. And by all means let me know if I am doing something that I should not be doing on my rigging.
Thanks
Here is a picture of my project.
IMG_2319web.JPG

http:/www.gonejetskifishing.com
2002 Yamaha SUV 1200 custom DIY

I would like to say that one reason for using a jet ski to fish from is the cost of fuel is greatly reduced and the travel time to get 35 miles offshore is normally 1 1/2 hours where on a jet ski you can cut the travel time in half or more, giving you moor fishing time.

I've got instructions of a build similar to this, though its made out of pvc tubing and attached/detaches within minutes. holds the cooler and a couple fishing rods. sits on the back of the ski... just getting around to build it yet. Can send the instructions if anyone is interested,
Just send me a pm with your email address due to not bring able to send a pdf file through the forum.
fishing rig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back