Is it worth it?

• Go with Stage 1

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Leave Stock

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • other option for gaining speed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyFrazy

I have been looking up ways to increase my speed but not spend a fortune. I found a stage 1 kit by Rossier Eng. for $435 and am wondering if it is worth it. I am running and 59-60 now and this should bump me to 64-65. I have also been told the 951 xp was built tough and there is no real gain by mods. What is your thoughts??

Riva....

Most modders I"ve seen post in the forum, are using the Riva stage 1, 2 or 3 kits. For about the same price your entertaining now.

What you said about the engines being tough, is about what I see in them. They have been designed as high output engines and work well, stock. When you change the configuration and doing mods, just to get a couple more RPM out of it for 2 or 3 mph on top end, you shorten the life expentancy of the engine.

You can also check out the Solas impellers...........:cheers:

For what you'll spend on mods., in money and aggravation..sell it and buy a new seadoo.
Been there done that!!
Karl

I think my plan of action will be a basic tune-up. Going to do plugs, fuel lines, new filters (may still go with PROK), clean RAVE's, and possibly a new wear ring.

is it worth it? a guy had an interesting thing i read...cheap, fast, durable. pick any two. get the wear ring and impeller good. get the bottom clean and slick. one guy suggested bondo-ing up the seams and screw holes around the ride plate. i am gonna try that one soon. that 951 is already strong enough to hurt itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
After checking everything over this weekend I found that all the lines are new. I also discovered that the previous owner put a R & D intake grate on it. Could that be what is slowing me down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back