intercooler fault

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pabblo

Hi guys,
I wanted to ask if rivaracing intercooler is better than the original seadoo,
I'll explain
intercooler seadoo broken after 10 hours, then I replaced it with a aftermarket broke after about 30 hours.
I heard rivaracing intercooler is better you than you think?
because intercooler original seadoo breaks?

P.S.
sorry for my language, I write with google tarduttore
thanks

Most of the time the intercooler breaks is when it isn't properly winterized. Could that be the reason for all your intercoolers are failing? In that case a Riva intercooler will not last either.

Most of the time the intercooler breaks is when it isn't properly winterized. Could that be the reason for all your intercoolers are failing? In that case a Riva intercooler will not last either.

I can not translate the word winterized can explain it better
thanks

Winterize is when you prepare the engine for winter. You need to blow the intercooler ou with air to remove any water that is sitting in it. Most then pour some antifreeze in there as well to be extra safe. If you do not winterize the water that is sitting in there freezes. When it freezes it expands and breaks the intercooler.

ok,
the problem is that I do not have time to finish even for the summer then Wintering

* every time I go out to sea I always rinsed

ok,
the problem is that I do not have time to finish even for the summer then Wintering

* every time I go out to sea I always rinsed

If I understand you, you are saying you flush the engine after each use. Is that correct?
If so, you do want to flush the engine with fresh water to remove salt from within the system. Unfortunately, rinsing (Flushing) the engine has nothing to do with winterizing. Both salt water and or fresh water will freeze. If you do not winterize when the water freezes it can easily destroy your engine and the intercooler as water sits in the intercooler. Dealerships use forced air to blow out the intercooler and in most cases that is all they do. I use RV (Recreational Antifreeze which is basically antifreeze for motor homes water tanks) as well in my intercooler.

If I understand you, you are saying you flush the engine after each use. Is that correct?
If so, you do want to flush the engine with fresh water to remove salt from within the system. Unfortunately, rinsing (Flushing) the engine has nothing to do with winterizing. Both salt water and or fresh water will freeze. If you do not winterize when the water freezes it can easily destroy your engine and the intercooler as water sits in the intercooler. Dealerships use forced air to blow out the intercooler and in most cases that is all they do. I use RV (Recreational Antifreeze which is basically antifreeze for motor homes water tanks) as well in my intercooler.

but if I delete the intercooler?
I make a baipass and delete forever
I was told that you can eliminate
what do you think

but if I delete the intercooler?
I make a baipass and delete forever
I was told that you can eliminate
what do you think

Yes, you can bypass it but it will come at a cost.

The intercooled engine is a low compression engine and will produce substantially less power without the intercooler. You will lose 15 MPH.

Yes, you can bypass it but it will come at a cost.

The intercooled engine is a low compression engine and will produce substantially less power without the intercooler. You will lose 15 MPH.

Perdo 15 miglia o 15 cavalli?
rischio di rompere il motore?

15 MPH as a general rule. It is one way we test it. We have learned that when the intercooler goes bad or a hose comes off the ski loses about 15 MPH. The low compression engines needs the boost from the intercooler for premium performance.

15 MPH as a general rule. It is one way we test it. We have learned that when the intercooler goes bad or a hose comes off the ski loses about 15 MPH. The low compression engines needs the boost from the intercooler for premium performance.

therefore not recommended?

and why it breaks?
I'm tired of spending money

Not recommended as the ski is worth less and will run poor by comparison. It will run, just not as well

Most break due to poor winterization. We see hoses crack and come off pretty often but that is an easy fix by comparison.

Check with [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] He sells parts and may be able to help you more affordably.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not recommended as the ski is worth less and will run poor by comparison. It will run, just not as well

Most break due to poor winterization. We see hoses crack and come off pretty often but that is an easy fix by comparison.

Check with [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] He sells parts and may be able to help you more affordably.

ok thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back