Inlet Clearance System Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wakefj

All,
I have a 2006 Challenger and I noticed that "at rest" the impeller grate is deflected upward allowing about 1.5" opening at the ride plate. I've tried all kinds of ways to adjust the grate position at the ICS mechanism without success. After reading through other posts, it looks like Sea-Doo did away with the ICS all-together after 2006.

Any suggestions on how to adjust this or should I disable the ICS and lock the grate into the horizontal position? -I'd hate to have my new impeller damaged needlessly.

Thanks to all for your time!

-Jim

Absolutely Disconnect that thing. Good idea, but worst design. If you get in shallow water, you will suck something up; ask me how I know. I tried to get the damaged repaired under warranty, but they wouldn't warranty a wear bushing, although the open intake grate allowed the trash in.

The module that controls the ICS is in the port side compartment. You will see a push/pull cable connected to an actuator arm. Disconnect the push/pull cable from the actuator arm.

I also drilled two holes on the ride plate under the boat and bolted a piece of metal to it which overlapped the intake grate and would not allow it to suck inside of the intake. It's kind of hard to explain, but the water pressure will push the intake grate upward toward the hull of the boat and allow a straight path for debris to get to the impeller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back