Solutions for ICS System

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcamaro

Guys,

I need some help/advice. My Challenger has ICS on it and the grate is deflected up towards the hull past what would be considered flush during operation. I cannot seem to get the grate to remain fixed where it would be flush with the pump support/ride plate.

The boat works well and will do 48mph on GPS so it's not really affecting top speed at all, however, every time i pull the boat from the water the grate has collected seaweed which must be affecting performance. My other concern is that in this position the grate is pretty much ineffective. The fuse was pulled for the ICS when I bought the boat.

I've tried hose clamps on the actuator, zip ties on the mechanism nothing seems to stop that grate from moving past flush up into the transom tunnel.

I need an idea for a way to get that thing to remain in place.

Thanks,

Johnny

Hey Johnny, I had the same issue with mine it would never get back to the same location twice. I removed the system and used the area for a second battery but I liked the idea of dropping the grate so I kept the idea but used a much simpler manual system that keeps the mobility of the gate but secures it where I want it every time. I'm at work tonight but I'll post a picture of what I did in the morning for ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Johnny, I had the same issue with mine it would never get back to the same location twice. I removed the system and used the area for a second battery but I liked the idea of dropping the grate so I kept the idea but used a much simpler manual system that keeps the mobility of the gate but secures it where I want it every time. I'm at work tonight but I'll post a picture of what I did in the morning for ya.

That would be fantastic.

487.jpg

You can make fine adjustments to get it in perfect position then I just secured it with a nut so I can use it when I need to I'm putting a wing nut on so I can just use with out a wrench

Thanks that's perfect. I'll have them fab something up in the shop at work. Great idea.

Update:

Didn't have stainless in stock so mine isn't as pretty as yours...but works just as well. Thanks Again for the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, another member was kind enough to direct me to you. I like what I read and want to do the same for mine but am at a loss to understand where this mechanism is attached. Did you attach it to the bar that goes through the hull and attaches to the grate? Or did you attach it to where the VTS engine housing sat? And how do you manually operate it, do you have to go under the boat or is it done from inside the engine/battery bays? Could you take a few pics of it installed? Thank you. Oh, tomorrow I am taking the boat in for service and should I tell them to just remove the engine of the ICS or should I tell them to just remove the grate or do nothing and I will just resolve this with your insight? Thanks for everything, very well done on that bracket!.

Hi basically I removed the entire motor system I think it was held down by 3 screws I utilized that space to put an extra battery for my stereo. If you look at my picture you can see the 90 degree bend this is to hold the housing you need this so you can operate the grate manually then I just went under the boat set the grate where I wanted it it will move freely the mark that spot on the other end drill a hole through the aluminum bar so I can slide a bolt through to keep the grate in the position I had set. Now this assembly just sits in the bottom of the boat beside the batteries I the engine compartment if I need to operate the grate I loosen the nut slide the eye off the bolt hold it like I have pictured and move it in and out to open and close the grate. Once you have cleared the obstruction just slide the eyelet over the bolt secure with the nut and your off. You don't need to change anything on the exterior of the boat just add the bracket and your done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back