ICS (Weed removal system) on 2005 Challenger 180 SC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy

Hello all, I have this system on the boat for clearing weeds from the intake side via a electric grate that does not function properly, and it does not drop the weeds like in the videos....I operate in freshwater lakes only and want to know if I can remove the whole system from the boat?
Other than the obvious of sucking up a rock or stick in shallow water,is their any unforseen problems if the whole thing was removed....motor, cable, brackets and the grate...

I don't have the weeds system but would be nice if I did. That being said. I would just leave it on there. The grates stay closed correct? You want the grates, even though little stuff gets past they do block large stuff from getting sucked in. Also think of resale, better to leave on if it's not harming anything than to remove. Just my two cents

Yes, I get that part...I would not throw it away....I guess what Im trying to ask is this....since the grate actually catches the weeks and gets them all tangled up instead of releasing them at all, will the impellor alone chew the weeks up and spit them out??....or will the weeds still get all tangled around the shaft?

If there's not a lot and they're smaller yes. Only time I've had an issue was fishing when I parked on the Lilly pads in about a foot and half of water. Pushed out using an oar but lots of weeds. Had to jump over and pull most out but still had a little that the impeller chewed up when I restarted. Other than that I rarely have an issue with weeds. I use on a river and couple different lakes. One that has a lot of junk near the ramp. My grates are usually clean and rarely see weeds etc. Maybe because it's a fixed type that doesn't open.

Got weeds?!
80da735446c6be8a67c8f894821709ff.jpg

i am so tired of researching a solution for this, i have a New to me seadoo challenger 2007 SE and i took it out3 times and all 3 times i get something in the pump. i wonder if its the time of the year becuase i dont have this issue with the RXPX. i want to try Smart tabs that should keep the front of the boat down making it push all the seaweed to the sides before heading to the pump. idk if that would work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back