Injector oil other than SeaDoo Oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have see some members use quick silver from walmart, just be careful not to mix synthetic with mineral. You could try the "advanced search" at the link at the top of the page for information on the subject. It has been asked like a million times....I prefer to use seadoo oil, but that's just my opinion...

Karl

I run amsoil interceptor. Not sure on the price per jug but it works out to a little cheaper then XPS.

Why not a million + 1. JUst want to know up here in Canada if anyone else is using other than XPS.

I only use the seadoo xps mineral oil because of the supercharger issues! If it wasn't for that I would use something else out of convenience. The closest seadoo dealer is about 45mins away so I stock up on every visit!

Matt

Walmart.....

I buy the "full synthetic" brand of Quicksilver from my local Walmart. I just bought a gallon and it is selling for $34 dollars. I save money though because buying by the pint is $11 dollars.

Online?.......

Walmart has an online web site for shipping orders to your local store. I took a look and couldn't find anything. But, you may be able to go to your local Walmart and ask for a special order..........it's worth a try.

At my Walmart, they have a section in the sporting goods for boats. There, they sell oil and other boat stuff. The Quick Silver oil is not in that department. You have to go where they keep the automotive oils and there, in the one gallon and one pint jugs, you may find it. If you do, make sure you read on the back, it is usable with Seadoo because they do make a TCW-3 oil that is not recommended by Seadoo...............:cheers:

Canada always gets the crap end of the stick when it comes to buying most things that are decent. Tried to find wetsuits, all in the states, parts, all in the states, car performance parts, all in the states.. geez..

Thats for sure...I hate it. Half the places won't ship to us and the other half want to charge an arm and a leg to do it. Luckily I live really close to the border and there is a holding company that charges $5 a package to have something sent to them for you. I usually do that esp for tires (why the hell are they so cheap in the States???)...if you live close to the border you should look into companies like that in a US border town close to you.....im sure there will be one!

Matt

Not all Wlmarts carry Quicksilver. I have been to 3 around me here near Toronto and no luck.
What boarder town are you talking, Masina?

Thats for sure...I hate it. Half the places won't ship to us and the other half want to charge an arm and a leg to do it. Luckily I live really close to the border and there is a holding company that charges $5 a package to have something sent to them for you. I usually do that esp for tires (why the hell are they so cheap in the States???)...if you live close to the border you should look into companies like that in a US border town close to you.....im sure there will be one!

Matt

Geez I have been pricing out two winter tires for my car and its retarted up here the prices.. A general winter tire sells for US 57 dollars. Canada 150 dollars. thats retarted dollar or no dollar. The closest US border for me is Gananoque. I have also been looking at other things down there too but just give up after shipping charges, fees, duty, bend over and take it without vaseline. Should send me a PM with a little more info on these places.. ;)

Not all Wlmarts carry Quicksilver. I have been to 3 around me here near Toronto and no luck.
What boarder town are you talking, Masina?

Ogdensburg NY is about 40 mins from me and the shipping/holding company is called A.N. Deringer.

I order 4 winter tires last winter from tirerack.com and 4 summer tires from discounttire.com this summer. I can't remember how much the shipping was within the US but both times it only cost my $10 for the place above to hold them....between the two time I definately saved a couple of hunder in shipping alone not to mention the other hundreds I saved on the prices of the tires.

Geez I have been pricing out two winter tires for my car and its retarted up here the prices.. A general winter tire sells for US 57 dollars. Canada 150 dollars. thats retarted dollar or no dollar. The closest US border for me is Gananoque. I have also been looking at other things down there too but just give up after shipping charges, fees, duty, bend over and take it without vaseline. Should send me a PM with a little more info on these places.. ;)

First off....Sorry for Hijacking this thread I will stop after this :)

The places I have ordered tires from are tirerack.com and discounttire.com there are a lot more online dealers too....you just have to check them all to find out which one has the best prices. As for sipping/holding companies I would look into the major town close to the border crossing I guess Clayton would be your best bet....there is bound to be one! Just do a google search for it...that is how I found the one I go to. Even if its a 100-150kms away you will still save money. :cheers:

Matt

Ogdensburg NY is about 40 mins from me and the shipping/holding company is called A.N. Deringer.

I order 4 winter tires last winter from tirerack.com and 4 summer tires from discounttire.com this summer. I can't remember how much the shipping was within the US but both times it only cost my $10 for the place above to hold them....between the two time I definately saved a couple of hunder in shipping alone not to mention the other hundreds I saved on the prices of the tires.

So what road do you take to cross there and whats the deal with customs and so on when you get back over? I'm new to this border crossing. Do you need your passport to cross to the US?

I know tires ca be a bit tricky if you have them installed prior to crossing.
Boarder Guard look for those colour line on your tires and I have heard of many being fined. Also the little nib on the tires are a big give away.
Best to do some driving around in before crossing over or wash and sand down the nibs and colour lines.

So what road do you take to cross there and whats the deal with customs and so on when you get back over? I'm new to this border crossing. Do you need your passport to cross to the US?

I cross at the prescott border (it is just off the 417 near the 401) and yes you do need a passport or photo ID and a birth certificate. When I got my winters I had them installed (my old ones were garbage) at walmart (it was dirt cheap too) and drove back accross with no trouble at all....didn't pay any duty.

When I got my summers I didn't bother putting them on in the states and I paid duty...I think it was $56....still nothing compared to what it would have been shipped (you still have to pay duty this way anyways).

Right now the dollar isn't that good....so make sure you figure it out before you go and buy something!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
American.........

Ya'll make me proud to be American. I would freak if I had to pay those prices!........but, I wonder if your wages are higher than ours? If your GNP index is higher than ours and you make more money than us, then that's why. I've been to a lot of places around the world and found that prices usually are in line with what the cost of living and so forth is. When I was in Mexico, I could get a pack of smokes for 25 cents. Here, in the U.S., they were $1.50. When I was in Nova Scotia, they were $3.75. In Mexico, a hamburger was 75 cents, here in the U.S., it was $1.50 and in Nova Scotia it was $7.00. But, the wages in Mexico were like $20 bucks a week, take home. A house was like $18,000 and here, it would sale for $110,000. I have no idea what it would cost there. But it does seem that prices are a reflection of your GNP index.

If I lived there, I'd do what ya'll are doing. I'd bee line to the nearest crossing and get my stuff as cheap as I could. I'd smuggle bags of butter flavored microwave popcorn back in the boxes.........:rofl:

Yeah I can see what your sayin. Not sure how it all works tho. I just know that my next set of tires is coming up from the states. lol. I should of bought them while the dollars were closer to even too and I would of saved a pile more money. 211 US was the total bill.. Welcome to Canada-> Total bill = 260

Border crossings

Well, i live 10 mins from the Border in Houlton Maine,i'm over there twice a week for whatever,usually Ebay products since a US mail box is $20/year at mailboxes plus.They accept all those large orders like (TIRES) for a small $4 Handling Fee.I also found that alot of US companies weren,t interested in International shipping.When i go to get a parcel at the mailboxes plus,theres always at least 100 Tires sitting outside for Pickup from canadians.
Be warned though, they will check at the Canadian Border for speccial CSA approved tires,if you have them on already and they don,t meet the requirements,you WILL be turned back to remove them,plain and simple.As for the smuggling them over,hmm,there are border guards who specifically watch the shops like V.I.P and Walmart garage for Canadians doing just that,believe me I KNOW!, its not worth it for all you save time you pay 7% US sales Tax,13% Canadian Tax,15% Duty(Perelli,Michelin)and 10% Exchange rate.Stay home spen the money in your own country,also warranty is only Valid if you take the Bad tire back to where you bought it.
As for Oil in seadoo's, go to your local Seadoo shop, ask if they sell in Bulk.Get a 2 Gal Jerry can, tell them to top her up with XP-s for $40/Gal, same price as Quicksilver at Walmart in Canada ($25-Gal USA Walmart)

Back