idle knock, water leak, HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtbutler

ok after doing all kinds of repairs on the ski i took it out and preformed great ran real strong. BUT! i did notice a bit of water in the bottom of it by end and i saw the in between the two water inputs on the exhaust. right blow the main that comes off the top of the engine and connects too exhaust, there is a small prefect round spot missing paint, and there was some water squirting of of it. im pretty sure thats not suppose to be happening, and then at idle i heard a knocking noise, but as soon as you touched that gas it went away. ANY IDEAS???

also, at full throttle the pisser out the back is doing exactly that, only putting out about much water as you would piss out. is that normal? i feel like it should be like a squirt gun stream

The water leak is fairly common, you can temporarily patch the leak in the tuned pipe with JB Weld, the permanent solution is to have it tig welded.

Is the knocking noise new? Are you certain the knock you are hearing is not the pump, there's about 1/8" play in the pump, when the pump loads, it will go away. It's often referred to as the Seadoo Rattle.

Lou

also, at full throttle the pisser out the back is doing exactly that, only putting out about much water as you would piss out. is that normal? i feel like it should be like a squirt gun stream

It depends on the engine speed, at WOT it should be fairly strong. Try blowing the line out with compressed air.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back