Ibr replacement motor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanix

Premium Member
Premium Member
For the gen 2 ibr what is a good replacement for the 775 motor, also what are the specs of the original ?
I've noticed the wire size for the oem motor is larger than the ones I was replacing it with. So I'm guessing it's a low turn count, high speed motor but I'm not sure what the spec rpm would be at 12v. There's just too many options out there.

I do know that the wrong or slower motor will fail calibration and I've instead of replacing motors I just replace the end bell and brushes on the original motor and that makes it pass calibration. But if calibration isn't an issue, any motor technically works.

For the gen 2 ibr what is a good replacement for the 775 motor, also what are the specs of the original ?
I've noticed the wire size for the oem motor is larger than the ones I was replacing it with. So I'm guessing it's a low turn count, high speed motor but I'm not sure what the spec rpm would be at 12v. There's just too many options out there.

I do know that the wrong or slower motor will fail calibration and I've instead of replacing motors I just replace the end bell and brushes on the original motor and that makes it pass calibration. But if calibration isn't an issue, any motor technically works.
Take a look at this one

https://www.amazon.com/12V-24V-6000...f71e4cc03eb40&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

Thats what I used originally and discovered it would fail the calibration test. They are so weak that I can hold the ibr gate and stall the motor out easily.
I used the brushes from this one on the original motor instead and that worked perfectly. They are picky modules.
So far only a Johnson 3W0322 RS-775 motor has connect armature with 0.85 diameter wire. The one in the link has 0.40 diameter wire.

Thats good to know!... I know there is another listed on Aliexpress which says it's the IBR replacement - but no idea what the specs are.

This picture and the next on shows what the correct armature and brush holder looks like. Oem has the same thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230304_110945_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230304_110945_Samsung Internet.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 5
I just wish they would make a better brush holder.

That's the only thing that fails on them.

There's lots of life left in the brushes but the hard start and stop ends up grabbing the brushes and rotating the arms around enough that it weakens them and breaks them off.
There must be a better version out there of this.
I did take one apart that had a drill motor in it with replaceable brushes. Doubt it was seadoo oem. But haven't been able to find it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back