IBR fault 2010 RXT. Dissasembled

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

shvinas

Hello, after a winter, my IBR on RXT X 260. Stopped working correctly. And I can not find any info about ibr module fixing. What I found there was ibr replacement. But because I am not so rich I want to try fix it.

So after engine turning on IBR goes fully UP and tights itself. And I get fault C2102 GATE stuck something like that and p1661. Because it stuck for sure. Goes without stop and locks. But initialy there are no faults, only when engine starts and ibr jams at fully open position. Then I remove magnet from electric motor to untighten it.

So how it works? How and when it should slow down? I open electric module. It's clean. I open mechanical module. Also clean. Found the magnetic position sensor, its clean too.
Maybe need some adjustment? It was okay on autumn

Attachments

• received_781913779879094.jpeg
    received_781913779879094.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 14
  • received_559454733000976.jpeg
    received_559454733000976.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 14
Are the bushings in good condition , when they wear out and bind and the gate cannot get full travel and hence the warning and the code. If you look at the parts pages from the top of any page you can see where the bushings go , try the IBR without the gate installed and see if it codes if you cannot determine the state of the hardware and bushings. Some other guys were also having connector corrosion , maybe it's not getting enough power ??

Hey, I tried ibr outside, it tightens itself. So I wonder how it stopping by sensor position or by some gate stop? As I mentioned it not slowing down just go full travel to the end. About bushings, those looks still serviceable 🤔 it worked before winter.

Last edited:
The IBR/VTS subsection in the Service Manual is 40 pages long. The IBR actuator in the manual is stated as not serviceable. OPs have replaced motors but the circuit board itself pretty much unserviceable.

Thats interesting. Noone checking the board?
And as I told it do not stop. Maybe just need some calibration?

Stupid question..

How is your battery?

My friend has a 260 and had IBR issues and I saw simular codes but also a low voltage. If you watched the IBR, it would start to move but the voltage drops as it goes to the point where it wound show the error.

Battery would hold a surface charge but could not sustain any load.

Replaced the battery, all good.

May not be your case but I thought I would share..

Stupid question..

How is your battery?

My friend has a 260 and had IBR issues and I saw simular codes but also a low voltage. If you watched the IBR, it would start to move but the voltage drops as it goes to the point where it wound show the error.

It bought last year and charged after winter. And yes I'm getting battery error actualy, after it hits the end and tightens itself so electric motor starts drowning ampers and after that ibr fault. But for me it looks after gate hits the end. Or maybe during the cycle? Ok I will check battery

Stupid question..

How is your battery?

You was right. I gave some gas when starting to get charging current. And it works now
Case closed 😆

Back