i need a battery charger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What ever you buy be sure you disconnect the wiring from the seadoo before you charge your battery, so it won't surge the electronics of the and cause more problems.

Karl

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...+&+Chargers&sName=Battery+Chargers+&+Boosters

I bought this unit at Sears. I got it on sale for 18. they run it for 20 all the time. It comes with different cables to hook it up. One of them is a standard 12 volt light type plug. I bought the receptacle from west marine and mounted it on the back of the boat.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...true&storeNum=5002&subdeptNum=9&classNum=316#

Now I dont have to open the rear hatch. I just plug it in and charge. It cost me under $40 to make it all work.

I mounted a waterproof 800ma Battery Tender to the boat and ran the plug under one of the rear seats. All I have to do is stand on the trailer fender and plug the extension cord in.

C-Tek

I use a C-Tek on my street rod to keep her charged. This is the best unit I have ever used. It charges and then tends all digitally. It is great. I don't work for them. They cost about $69

The Multi US 3300 battery charger, the best-selling charger in Europe today. CTEK MULTI US 3300 is a strong multi-tasker that can handle all but the largest vehicles. Particularly well suited for automotive use, the MULTI US 3300 offers outstanding recharging performance - the car is back on the road typically in under an hour. A unique cold temperature mode enables faster recharging, even in the coldest winter conditions.

The Multi US 3300 is part of the CTEK collection of "the smartest battery chargers in the worldfont size="1">", an ideal choice for cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, personal watercraft and lawn tractors, as well as smaller campers and boats.

The Multi US 3300 utilizes Switch Mode Technology, a 4-cycle intelligent process for perfect battery maintenance and charging.

Switch Mode "Intelligent" Technology

Desulfation: Recovers or "wakes" a sulfated or under-charged battery.
Bulk Charge: Begins charging at 0.8/3.3A.
Absorption: Applies peak charge at 14.4/14.7V until fully charged.
Pulse: Sends out current pulses for charge maintenance.

As compared to competitive battery chargers, the Multi US 3300 is virtually foolproof to connect, wherever the battery is located. The Multi US 3300 essentially eliminates any fear or apprehension about charging a battery because of its patented protection system against sparks, short circuits and reverse polarity. Approved for outdoor use, the charger can be used in any weather conditions.
Three step, fully automatic (IoUoUp) switch mode battery charger for all 12V lead-acid batteries, 1.2-120Ah

Features and Benefits

Three step, fully automatic switch mode model

Charges lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, Gel and AGM) from 2Ah to 90Ah

Maintenance pulse charging increases battery life and gives superb performance

Charges even drained batteries

Pulse recover of slightly sulphated batteries

Three unique charging modes for use on small batteries, large batteries and a special cold mode that is also suitable for AGM batteries.

Low back current drain, low ripple and input voltage independent (85-125V)

High efficiency: 85%

Delivered with two interchangeable connection leads, one with clamps, and one with eyelet terminals
The charger can be connected for months, ideal for seasonal vehicles

Compact design with mounting holes for permanent assembly

2 year warranty

The CTEK MULTI US 3300 is specifically recommended for Optima Red Top batteries.

I do not mean to hijack the thread, but ...

Is a battery charger required for boats? The guy we bought this Utopia from used one, when the boat was stored.

How long will the battery last if not on a charger?

battery drain

A battery sitting unused will inherently lose a small about of charge with each passing day. When sitting long enough it may lose its abaility to start a boat. If your storing you boat for several weeks at a time a "smart" trickle charger is the way to go.

Craig

I do not mean to hijack the thread, but ...

Is a battery charger required for boats? The guy we bought this Utopia from used one, when the boat was stored.

How long will the battery last if not on a charger?

If you don't turn the power cut off on my challenger when docked, my radio draws enough even turned off that it will kill my battery in three days. This is a little thing that the dealer didn't tell me. Since I have used the shut off switch after I put the boat away, I have not had a problem.

I bought a potrable charger from the boat store and carried it onboard until I was certain that the battery was ok. No need anymore.

If your seadoo has a battery shut off, it's always best to turn it off. The bilge is always active even with the switch off. The stereo draws power for the clock.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back