I got COVID

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dr Honda

I've been so careful. Wear a mask, wash my hands, use sanitizer when I have to go to a store... don't eat in restaurants.... but I got it. It sucks..... this is not a political thing, and I don't wish it on any of my enemies.

I'm 8 days in, and the strangest thing is loosing my sense of smell. It's not even messed up... it's just absolutely gone. I washed my hands with "Bath And Bodyworks" soap..... put it up to my nose.... and absolutely nothing. Fortunately, I'm not having breathing issues.

Wish me luck.

Sorry to hear about that Dr. and hopefully you have a quick recovery.

Your story is exactly the same as mine. Been extremely careful with all the guidelines and I got it three days before Thanksgiving and still no clue how I got it. Started with a fever of 101, loss of taste and smell and fatigue like the normal flu. Second day 102 fever and Thanksgiving day 103 then 98 the next morning and never came back. I went and got tested on the saturday after Thanksgiving and came back positive so my son and wife got tested and came back positive also but they didn't really have any symptoms other than being a little tired the weekend before. The fatigue lasted about 3 weeks and to this day I still have zero taste or smell.

I've had it twice now, once in March and again diagnosed 12/23. My symptoms both were the loss of smell and a slight alteration in taste (which is absolutely wild!) and heaviness in my chest, along with muscle aches. And just feeling tired.

The smell was absolutely zero for almost 8 solid days. and it was my first symptom. My dog had a stomach issue and pooped in the floor, and I was like.. damn this doesn't stink. Great, I've got the rona.. LOL

The first time it took almost 2 months to get the chest cleared up, second time around it took about 14 days from initial symptom (dog) to being back to 99%. My wife tested positive as well but she only had a little dry cough.

The first time around was much rougher than the second, that's for sure.

I've had it twice now, once in March and again diagnosed 12/23. My symptoms both were the loss of smell and a slight alteration in taste (which is absolutely wild!) and heaviness in my chest, along with muscle aches. And just feeling tired.

The smell was absolutely zero for almost 8 solid days. and it was my first symptom. My dog had a stomach issue and pooped in the floor, and I was like.. damn this doesn't stink. Great, I've got the rona.. LOL

The first time it took almost 2 months to get the chest cleared up, second time around it took about 14 days from initial symptom (dog) to being back to 99%. My wife tested positive as well but she only had a little dry cough.

The first time around was much rougher than the second, that's for sure.

That's crazy, glad you are doing better.

That's crazy, glad you are doing better.
Me too. I've dealt with asthma my whole life, which is fairly under control with the use of Advair daily, but still don't go anywhere without an inhaler.. so I'm pretty in tune with my respiratory health. The congestion in my chest is the scariest thing for me, but it never sparked my asthma.. it was just this nasty thick crud that I could not cough up. I can see how it very easily could turn to pneumonia.
My mother is a physical therapist at a nursing home, and unfortunately they have lost over 30% of their residents.. this stuff is no joke. I'm glad for you, @Dr Honda that you are not having any more serious symptoms.

I've been so careful. Wear a mask, wash my hands, use sanitizer when I have to go to a store... don't eat in restaurants.... but I got it. It sucks..... this is not a political thing, and I don't wish it on any of my enemies.

I'm 8 days in, and the strangest thing is loosing my sense of smell. It's not even messed up... it's just absolutely gone. I washed my hands with "Bath And Bodyworks" soap..... put it up to my nose.... and absolutely nothing. Fortunately, I'm not having breathing issues.

Wish me luck.
Hope it soon passes thru your system and you're back firing on all cylinders.

This is day 14. Yesterday was the first day I can honestly say I did not have a fever. I'm feeling better, but I'm still out of breath just getting up, and going to the bathroom. This really sucks.

Wish me luck.
That's terrible man. Wishing you all the best. Goodluck with everything

Most of our family has had it. Everyone has recovered. Its a pain in the arse more than anything. Typical flu/cold symptoms. But the loss of taste, shortness of breath and some fatigue were the biggest issues. As Dr. Honda has said, it runs about 2 weeks for adults and about 7 days for teenagers. Not the plague everyone has made it out to be for healthy adults in my opinion. But I do understand that some have had big issues with it. So get well to anyone who runs into it.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you're having strong symptoms. I got a real mild case last month. Timing says you should be feeling better soon....really hope it clears up for you quickly. Silver lining is you'll have some antibodies

any update?
My fever hasn't come back since maybe Saturday morning. Yes, it broke Friday... but it creeped up to the upper 99 range a few times. (No chill) While sitting around, I'm good. On Monday, I was ok, but a little dizzy, and ZERO energy. Tuesday, I thought to myself... I need to get the Christmas decorations down So, I took my tractor out front, and just pulled them out of the ground, and threw them in the bucket, and parked the tractor in the garage. I was coughing, and panting for an hour after. Yesterday, I didn't do much, but I did try to clean the kitchen a little, and I was whipped out after.

Oh... the newest thing is... I'm still plugged up, and have mucus going down my throat... but I've had a sinus headache that is so bad, that every time I cough... I swear my head is going to explode. I get migraines... but this is worse.

Anyone reading this... This is not a political stunt... it's real, and it sucks!! The real issue is you don't know how you will react to this. My 74 year old father, who I was worried about had mild symptoms. I got it bad, and I'm in good health. One night, I almost went to the hospital, and I'm almost 3 weeks into it, and I'm still not better. And, on the other side... my girlfriend's grandmother passed away after only 3 days of being diagnosed with COVID.

My fever hasn't come back since maybe Saturday morning. Yes, it broke Friday... but it creeped up to the upper 99 range a few times. (No chill) While sitting around, I'm good. On Monday, I was ok, but a little dizzy, and ZERO energy. Tuesday, I thought to myself... I need to get the Christmas decorations down So, I took my tractor out front, and just pulled them out of the ground, and threw them in the bucket, and parked the tractor in the garage. I was coughing, and panting for an hour after. Yesterday, I didn't do much, but I did try to clean the kitchen a little, and I was whipped out after.

Oh... the newest thing is... I'm still plugged up, and have mucus going down my throat... but I've had a sinus headache that is so bad, that every time I cough... I swear my head is going to explode. I get migraines... but this is worse.

Anyone reading this... This is not a political stunt... it's real, and it sucks!! The real issue is you don't know how you will react to this. My 74 year old father, who I was worried about had mild symptoms. I got it bad, and I'm in good health. One night, I almost went to the hospital, and I'm almost 3 weeks into it, and I'm still not better. And, on the other side... my girlfriend's grandmother passed away after only 3 days of being diagnosed with COVID.
You've got a pretty nasty case of it, it's astonishing how differently it affects different people. And it seems they come out with new data and research every day.. crazy stuff

Hi all,

OK... I'm at day 24 since my symptoms first showed up. I'm about 90% better now. I'm still tired, but I'm not out of breath doing basic things. BUT... if I over exert... I will start to cough. Even talking too much will cause me to cough. My kids came back on Sunday, but the exW fed them before bringing them over. But on Monday... I was absolutely beat after just trying to make them breakfast, and get them ready for school.

Try to avoid this at all cost !!

Hi all,

OK... I'm at day 24 since my symptoms first showed up. I'm about 90% better now. I'm still tired, but I'm not out of breath doing basic things. BUT... if I over exert... I will start to cough. Even talking too much will cause me to cough. My kids came back on Sunday, but the exW fed them before bringing them over. But on Monday... I was absolutely beat after just trying to make them breakfast, and get them ready for school.

Try to avoid this at all cost !!
Good to hear Dr. H. Hopefully things keep trending in the right direction for you.

Well... I think yesterday was the first day I felt like myself again. We are talking a FULL MONTH of being "Sick." I didn't take any meds (cough, or sinus stuff) I'm still blowing my nose... but I don't know if it's COVID related, or just my bad sinuses. I was randomly tired, and took a 30 min nap... but that happens once in a while.

I guess I'm 98% back, and have motivation again. I still can't smell things very well... but it's coming back. I made cinnamon rolls for my kids on Sunday morning... and I realized that I couldn't smell them baking. But, I can smell other things.

Once again... really try to avoid it. Wash your hands... distance yourself from people... Use sanitizer when out... and wear a mask properly. You never know how bad you will be hit if you catch it.

My family of 6 all got it. Worst symptoms were losing taste/smell and some muscle aches. Otherwise, nothing at all. We’re younger, I’d like to think pretty healthy overall, only go to doctor if a bones showing, take vitamins, eat right, exercise. four school aged kids, and the data shows they’re really not affected at all. Could be genetic lottery, but just sharing as info.

Got it. Had 5 days of intense joint aches, sweating like crazy at night, sore throat, headache, fatigue. Still have to isolate for 3 more days but am good to go again.

Wish me luck.
Good luck, hope you recover soon,

Just my experience to date.

Had covid, I have been told it was a "rough" case but never morphed into needing to go to the hospital.

After all symptoms had gone away, except loss of some smell and light sinus congestion, I was done with the isolation period and told I was good to go.

Three days after getting back on my feet the fatigue, disorientation and "lucid dream feeling" hit like a ton of bricks. Strange mental foginess with short, 30 seconds or less, periods of feeling complete disconnect with reality even though I was fully awake. It was enough to put me back down again.

Went to the Dr and they said this is a symptom for some people. They gave me a heavy dose of steroids for a 5 day period. Within 6 hours of the first dose life did a 180, fatigue is gone, mind is clear thinking and mental disconnect episodes aren't happening.

If you have caught the virus and are fighting lingering problems go to the Dr ASAP. They are still working their way through learning about this thing and might have a way to get life back on track after the contagious time ends.

Some people I know still have their symptoms after being cleared of the virus. What's scary about it is you never know if you're gonna have the same thing as everyone else.

Back