I finally got to really beat on a spark and you get to watch!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Minnetonka4me

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ive been waiting for almost a year to get to ride a spark the way I ride...chasing big cruisers and getting big air. Im pushing 230 and beat the living hell out of it for over an hour and it held up fine.

This spark has the 110 tune, intake and exhaust mods, skat prop, wear ring, and seal.

The few gripes I have...that seat!! Man does it suck. It needs some extra padding on the top and sides. Im still walking all gimpy. I cant believe my X-4 is better but it is! The bars...holy vibration batman! After about 20 mins I couldnt open my hands! Lastly...the thing I brought up when I tested it the first time in Havasu...that edge on the left side of the bars. I had good gloves on and I still got a serious cut on my thumb thats all infected. Both the vibration and trim issues Im sure will be resolved when the Steering setups become available.

Everyone keeps talking about it sipping gas...well I killed a half tank in an hour 20 mins. It is modded...but still...not as great as everyone claims.

All in all though, Im impressed with how well it jumps. After getting back on my XP I realized the Spark was easier...mostly because you dont have to go into the "trough" as fast. On the XP you have to keep the RPMs/speed up to get that torque you need as you are going up the wave. With the 4 stroke low RPM torque I could go into the jump much slower and just brapp it up the transition and I was going as big as on my X-4.

Enjoy!

[video=youtube;B6n2Y9PAtYE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6n2Y9PAtYE[/video]​

Incredible job on the video... I enjoyed all of it.

Two Observations.

1) you will NEVER be in charge of my playlist on my MP3 :)

2) If you ever come to Florida, please txt me in advance so I can hide my ski's, you are not riding them !

way too close to that boat...sorry.....looks like fun and all...but on my water...Five-O would be all over you.

nice vid looks like they jump well and you also no were the sweet spot is not to close for your experience. cool to see you regulating the boats speed. I would have ran mine out of gas chasing that slow moving kicker ramp
I was chasing a similar boat about a month ago with about 12 people on it put a show on for them about the tenth jump got brave got her to pop like 12 feet got to far passed vert had the pump in front of the nose was Scooby dooing trying to get footing back did not face planted my bars yard sale for my new spy sun glasses all I found among the cheers from the boat was my floaty strap with only the arms attached. I rode out of it but was deff no graceful landing. so long story short any recommendations for a helmet I am in the market.

so long story short any recommendations for a helmet I am in the market.

FLY helmet is about the only one out there with quick drying innards. Mountain bike helmets are a bit lighter duty.

As for the safety issues....I guess I should make a Warning disclosure that I am an experienced rider and to not try this at home. But...this is how we roll out here; safety gear and only chase boats that want us there.

Nice,

Thanks for the warning (too close to boats a no no).

How do you feel about reboarding I noticed you ate it at 3:56, I'm weighing 250 but I'm a lot better and reboarding on the spark compared to my old XP.. What you think?

Also, I rode just like in your video and I only used half a tank riding for 4 hours? So how is your fuel use possible? Or am I doing something wrong?

LOL I dunno man all I know is it was near full when I took it and it was at a half tank when I got back.

As far as reboarding...The grab bar is a bit far up for my liking. If I owned one Id prob take that bar off and put a strap to grab a little lower down.

It def doesnt want to tip to the side like a XP, but the back is so high in the water its tough to get a knee up on the back.

Going out for round 2 today...80 and sunny in MN today!

I went back out yesterday and to confirm what I thought, here is me filling up my tank after 4 hours of use from the last time?

sparkfillup.jpg

Attachments

• sparkfillup.jpg
    sparkfillup.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Back