I am one lucky lady! Look what I found! 2004 Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

#5a - I'm betting that the stereo is non functioning. What replacements have you guys used? I'll just try to find something that will fit in the whole. I don't plan to spend a lot of money at all on one.

These are standard car stereo sizes and anything will work. You are opening yourself up for every stereo jockey to let you know they installed and why it's the best. You literally can put just about any of the standard DIN sized stereos in there. I have used standard non-marine car stereos with little issue. If there is a splash panel on the outside, it will hold up.

That being said, there is something for getting some features that allow you to play more types of music. Even the cheapest third party stereos can come with Bluetooth for streaming from a phone, or a USB jack for plugging in a memory stick. I do love the waterproof remote on ours for adjusting volume or skipping tracks from anywhere around the boat.

Good luck, it looks like a fun project.

I purchased the least expensive Bluetooth enabled stereo from my local big chain electronic store $50. I cut the plug off of the old original stereo and matched the wires up. Used butt connectors and heat shrink.
I do still have the factory smoked grey cover that goes over it to attempt to protect it from weather.
I bought a set of 4 Pyle 200w speakers.
That job is completed

Last edited by a moderator:
Got lots accomplished the last couple of days. Loving the warm weather. Bimini Storage support re-creation was a fail. Need to shorten the tubing. If I had my SS rock grate back from the welder I'd be headed to the water tomorrow but unfortunately I did not get it back yet :facepalm: If I could only figure out how to jerry-rig something to suffice for a grate for one day ......
Oh and while cleaning out the front "pool" area I noticed that the small outer drain was slow. It is a small hole but still... So I used the jet setting on my garden hose and switched back & forth from spraying top down and then bottom up. BARF! I am assuming the previous owner used this area as a live well or used it to clean his fish! Scales & scales. I think I need some type of really long skinny cleaning brush to run through it. I used a wet vac and a plunger too. I still would get a few when I gave up & moved on.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks like the top will physically fit... but it's high. As I said on another thread... mine are 5" eye to eye. BUT... They are very close to rail on the Port side, and is a little stiff to assemble sometimes. I would try them out at 5.5" eye to eye.

Oh... if you run the straps from the rear poles over the top... and then down to the rear cleats... that will help support the cover a little better, and water won't pool in the cover.

If you want to drive up to Pitt... I'll loan you a grate. (if you really want to hit the water tomorrow)

Why did you blur out the face in the pic with the captains char? I post my ugly face all the time. (lol)

279.jpg

Yes, I have learned over the years that having a spare part is always a good thing! I have both a rock grate as well as the original weed grate... Which once I had it removed, I found that the "spring" was damaged and worn-out. I picked up a replacement spring for $25 on eBay over the winter... Now I have a spare grate! I'm also more then willing to loan it out, but I'm guessing I'm a bit far north for you!!!

BTW, your Islandia is seriously coming along... Looks spectacular!

Got lots accomplished the last couple of days. Loving the warm weather. Bimini Storage support re-creation was a fail. Need to shorten the tubing. If I had my SS rock grate back from the welder I'd be headed to the water tomorrow but unfortunately I did not get it back yet :facepalm: If I could only figure out how to jerry-rig something to suffice for a grate for one day ......
Oh and while cleaning out the front "pool" area I noticed that the small outer drain was slow. It is a small hole but still... So I used the jet setting on my garden hose and switched back & forth from spraying top down and then bottom up. BARF! I am assuming the previous owner used this area as a live well or used it to clean his fish! Scales & scales. I think I need some type of really long skinny cleaning brush to run through it. I used a wet vac and a plunger too. I still would get a few when I gave up & moved on.
View attachment 34822
View attachment 34823
View attachment 34827
View attachment 34828
View attachment 34825
View attachment 34826

Depending on the tubing and how far maybe a pipe cleaner or 2 wrapped together or maybe a metal coat hanger to help clean out the fish debris

I understand.

I went out this morning, and got a couple pics for you. One is the side support, and you will be able to see how short they are. But, like I said... on the port side, the pin is very close to the rail. If they were 1/2" longer... I think it would be better. (even a 1/4" would help)

The other is how my supports are. As you can see... they will pull apart. There's no issue with them like this. My kids pull them a little too far once in a while, and that's how I know they pull apart. I can see how the cable would be good... so you don't over extend the hinge. But... it's not needed for function, especially if it's causing issues. That's probably why they are cone in my support. The left side (port) seat doesn't come apart easy, just because the way the padding is.

280.jpg

281.jpg

As a final FYI... the bottom pad of the captain's chair is just held on with Velcro. You can lift it up to clean under that pad. If there was nasty things in the foot well... there may be some under that pad too.

As a final FYI... the bottom pad of the captain's chair is just held on with Velcro. You can lift it up to clean under that pad. If there was nasty things in the foot well... there may be some under that pad too.

OMG! BARF! I will definitely have to look now but I'm scared! LOL

YES- your brackets are the original brackets that have had the metal cord or line or string or rope (whatever you want to call it) removed. Do they ever separate when you don't want them to?image.jpg

YES- your brackets are the original brackets that have had the metal cord or line or string or rope (whatever you want to call it) removed. Do they ever separate when you don't want them to?View attachment 34839

Nope. They don't come apart easy, because the cushion will touch the pad on the deck-lid, and you have to pull it forward, compressing the pads to get them apart. I had the boat 2 years before I found out that could happen. (my older kid was trying to recline the pad)

I'll try that on the one that I have already taken the top cap off & see what happens.
While waiting for the other 11 [emoji35]

NOW... I'm thinking of adding a second battery for back up purposes. Could I just carry another battery as emergency or should I go the route of the switching system too?

Have you ever run your battery down because of stereo, pool pump, water pump usage?
I put mine on a deep cycle charger and now it's on a trickle charger.

I polished the outer hull today and my daughter removed the lettering. I'm headed to the DMV tomorrow. I'll lay up under it tomorrow to polish where I could reach today.
There's a few small places I'm concerned with that I may dabble with repairing the gel coat so if I ever leave it in the water a few days I won't have a problem. Thoughts? Comments?

I know I need to get a new belt for the engine. There is some belt dust around the throttle body area and what the heck, I'll throw a few more dollars at it. lol

Does anyone have a bow cover? We frequently stay out after dark eating at a restaurant on the river. It can get chilly. My daughter said if they would have put the bathroom on the other side she would ride in there on the way home [emoji23]. I thought maybe a bow cover could/would cut down on some air (or she could make a bed in the kiddie pool. [emoji16]

I personally don't like covers that put snaps in the hull. Eventually... the cover wears out... and then there's snaps and no cover. But, there's enough storage in that boat... so just tell your kid to stow a hoodie/jacket somewhere. (lol)

A new belt is a good thing, and isn't too expensive.

As far as the gel repair... it's up to you. I don't worry about it too much, unless there is large sections that need fixed. I had a couple chips in the belly of mine, and I just painted them white. (done)

I recommend a double battery, and there's room for it. I've never killed the battery in my boat... but even after a good charge... I've had the warning start to beep. I don't run a big stereo, or even run it too loud. But the fountain gets used a lot in my boat. But after my first year or so... I decided on a second battery. Now it's never a worry. It's not hard to do. Just get a tray from a group 24... and you will see a nice clear spot under the battery cover.

I don't recommend just getting a second battery to carry around. Acid filled batteries eventually leak, and will stain/burn things. (including cloths, boat, concrete, and so on) So, mount it in the boat, and replace your single switch with a double.

301.jpg

302.jpg

NOW... I'm thinking of adding a second battery for back up purposes. Could I just carry another battery as emergency or should I go the route of the switching system too?

As the Dr recommended, a second battery is a great idea. I was planning to do that exact mod this year. I was going to have 2 different types of batteries, one for "starting" and the 2nd battery as a "Deep Cycle" for running accessories. You will just have to remember to switch from one to the other. I was also going to mount the much heavier deep cycle on the passenger side in attempts to balance how the boat sits, especially with one person aboard.

Have you ever run your battery down because of stereo, pool pump, water pump usage?
I put mine on a deep cycle charger and now it's on a trickle charger.

Yes, I have run my "starter" type battery down a number of times with much fewer accessories that are in the Challenger. Hence my plans to run 2.

Nope. They don't come apart easy, because the cushion will touch the pad on the deck-lid, and you have to pull it forward, compressing the pads to get them apart. I had the boat 2 years before I found out that could happen. (my older kid was trying to recline the pad)

Now I'm getting a little anxious, not to mention all of my neighbors, & many of the city police.... Keep driving by and giving me funny looks as I am in the boat, sitting in the captain's seat with my box fan turned up on high blowing in my face, the stereo rocking and I'm yelling Weeeeeeeeee as I sit in the street because I still have no intake grate.
I'm still considering rabbit wire and some body washers...lol
I hate to buy another one just because I can't be patient.

Trailer stickers went on today.

Last edited:
Headlight area bulbs... Not the large headlight bulbs but the small outer bulbs.... Does anyone know where or if I can get the bulb replacement? Other than Seadoo Warehouse...
I have not taken the housing off yet to see what it looks like.

couldn't find the part numbers, but it's a standard blade type bulb. Probably in the range of 15w. Take it to an autoparts store, and they should be able to match it.

I personally haven't had mine apart either... but it's easy. 2 screws on the cover... and then pull the rubber socket out of the back of the lenses.

I posted that question while I was sitting in the truck waiting for my hubby to come out of Lowes.
We went out on the river yesterday evening for a little ride and that's when I noticed the bulb was dead. I completely forgot about it today until I was sitting there and thought I could do a quick google search for the bulb and I could pick it up on my way home.
I bought new screws to replace my rusty ones for the headlight frame so when I pull it out to replace it I'll be sure to post that replacement bulb part number here.

couldn't find the part numbers, but it's a standard blade type bulb. Probably in the range of 15w. Take it to an autoparts store, and they should be able to match it.

I personally haven't had mine apart either... but it's easy. 2 screws on the cover... and then pull the rubber socket out of the back of the lenses.

Now I'm getting a little anxious, not to mention all of my neighbors, & many of the city police.... Keep driving by and giving me funny looks as I am in the boat, sitting in the captain's seat with my box fan turned up on high blowing in my face, the stereo rocking and I'm yelling Weeeeeeeeee

Trailer stickers went on today.
Bwahahahahhhahahahhahaha Pics or it didn't happen hhahaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back