Hydroturf Cut Diamond vs Molded Diamond?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkbob

Hey guys. Looking for some Hydroturf for my little boat. I'm trying to see the difference between Cut Diamond and the Molded Diamond. Honestly for such a nice product I've never seen a worse web site. The pics are just simply horrible. So I requested some samples.

What they sent doesn't answer any questions because I don't know for sure what they sent. They aren't labeled. One is grey and one black - but the cut looks identical. I'm thinking they are the cut diamond even though they look a lot like the photos of molded diamond. And of course I can't get anybody on the phone because it's the weekend. Hydroturf... if you're listening... you guys stink at selling this stuff. Good thing it's such a nice product.

But maybe you forum guys know? What do I have here? Cut or Molded? Would any of you have a pic of cut vs molded?

If it was your call, which would you pick - Cut Diamond or Molded Diamond or something else? Thanks for any help.

diamond.jpg

I've always preferred SeaDek (or similar) myself. I think Hydroturf looks good on skis, but not so much on boats.

I've always preferred SeaDek (or similar) myself. I think Hydroturf looks good on skis, but not so much on boats.

I checked the SeaDek web site but I can't find a kit for the Sportster 150. Do you know of a source for a kit from them?

I checked the SeaDek web site but I can't find a kit for the Sportster 150. Do you know of a source for a kit from them?

Contact them directly and they'll send you what you need to make a template. It takes some time, but at least you get it the way you want it. They may have you go through a local distributor, but I'd reach out to them first HERE

Molded looks more pressed into the sheet. Cut (what you have above) is cut into the material.

Here is molded:

Also, Buy your kit on www.pwcmuscle.com and use promo code HYDRO15 for 15% off :thumbs-up:

Attachments

• 1571148483295.png
    1571148483295.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
Thanks very much for the pic. I actually finally got a guy on the phone at Hydroturf and he did say Molded held up better. pwcmuscle.com stocks the Hydroturf mats but they make them to order and they are 10 days out before they can ship. I'm waiting to hear if hyrdoturf.com can beat that time. But for sure the Molded Diamond Black is what I'll go with. I'll post a pic when it's installed.

Last edited:
PWC Muscle (owned by Seadooforum.com) ships them direct from HydroTurf. The shipping time is the exact same for both companies as they build the kits as the orders come in. :thumbs-up:

PWC Muscle (owned by Seadooforum.com) ships them direct from HydroTurf. The shipping time is the exact same for both companies as they build the kits as the orders come in. :thumbs-up:

Hey great info! Thanks. Saved myself a few bucks.

Molded looks more pressed into the sheet. Cut (what you have above) is cut into the material

Ok... I checked with Hydroturf. They claim the sample they sent to me (and the pic I posted above) is the Molded diamond. But I sure agree it looks like it's been cut. Oh well... guess we will see what turns up. Either way it will be really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back