Hydro Turf still bleeding color

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings! 5 years later my blue hydro turf on my Islandia is still bleeding like crazy. Feet and knees turn blue and the white areas in between look dirty because of all the color bleed. I am wondering if there's anything I can apply to seal or stop it? Was thinking about some type of oil to keep it hydrated but pretty sure that's not a good idea.

It's not "Bleeding" color. It's the top surface flaking off. That's why it doesn't stain your knees.

Unfortunately... the blue seems to be to worst about doing this. I just take a stiff scrub brush to it, and give it a wash down before heading to the lake. It takes care of the problem.

Thanks for the reply. If I keep doing that with the brush, I'm afraid it will disappear this summer lol. I would think 5 years later that layer would be done...

I feel like if it was able to retain moisture and not dry out, it wouldn't shed that layer every time we go out.

Any experiences removing it? I may change it out since its not going to stop shedding

The blue hydro turf in my boat is 7 years old, and it still looks great. (Mine is actually the demo pics in the Hydroturf add for the Islandia)

I'm not saying to take an angle grinder with a wire wheel to the stuff. Just get a brush you would clean your bathroom with... and give it a brushing. Normally... it's the worst on it's first bath after taking it our of winter time wraps. After that... I normaly just scuff my feet around while washing it between trips. That take care of the bulk of the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back