Hydro Turf - Bleeding

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed my hydro turf in my seadoo islandia last summer (Note: it looks amazing and its comfortable) - the turf is royal blue which is not textured. Towards the end of the season it started to color bleed pretty bad. We used a soft brush and mild soap to gently wash the flooring and it has not helped. No real harm I guess other than the kids have blue feet and knees/towels and it looks bad having blue water in the floor of the boat. Anyone know how to stop this by chance or is it normal? I keep the boat covered at all times when not in use... Thanks in advance!

-- Picture is shown on my reply below...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll report this to HT so they can continue to refine their dying procedures.. Any chance you could post a picture?

After the first year or so... the top layer will get loose. A stiff brush, and car wash soap will take off the lose stuff.

OR...

Is it the die that's coming out?

I just installed the blue Black Tip mat with grooves in my 96 challenger, it has some "bleeding" as well. Its brand new and the color rubbed off on our knees while working.... Dunno if i'm going see happen what happened to you or what...? I will report back after a trip to the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back