How to check the VTS on a 2012 GTX 155?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rfpedley

Hi All,

Hopefully somebody out there will have the answer.
I have a GTX 155 and lately I have had my suspicions that all is not well with the VTS.
The guage on the instrument panel responds to the up and down button pushes but the attitude of the craft does not seem to change on the water.
I have tried to check it out on the trailer with and without the engine running.
Without the engine running, it is very hard to see any movement of the nozzle and with iBR overide on, the whole mechanism moves but I'm not sure if this proves anything.
With the engine running it is possible to measure a small movement of the nozzle but I have no specs on what the range of movement should be.

Does anybody know how to properly test the VTS on a 2012 GTX and what range of nozzle movement there should be??

Cheers
Bob

Without it running you should see movement in the nozzle, get a buddy to watch as you move the button. I don't think you will see much change on a GTX- its just too big but you should be able to tell its lower in the water with the trim down.

Thanks for the response pwgsx. What got me wondering about the VTS on my GTX is that a guy I know bought a brand new GTX LTD iS 260 and commented that the trim adjustment made a huge difference to the ride quality in rough water (he traded up from an old honda). That had not been my experience on the GTX155. Given that the hull on both craft are the same and the iBR system is I assume virtually the same, I am now wondering why. So I was looking for some way of testing and measuring the nozzle movement and to find out if anybody has actual measurements that can be checked on my machine. I have spoken to my local dealer and got a less than informative response. I dont want to drag the thing across to them unless I am sure there is something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back