How many hours on 4-tec engine without rebuild?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

umh

Hi.
I wonder, what is considered critical high hours for a 4-tec engine (not counting SC rebuilds)?
For example, has anyone come accross a 1000 hours ski without engine rebuild or do they even last more hours if taking care of?

When properly maintained about 350-400 hours. Since you are on the Spark forum, I guess you're asking about a Spark, I would assume about the same, but it's a new ski. Since it's the same engine as in a Skidoo you might want to go on the Skidoo forum and ask there.

Lou

Thanks for answer.
I don't know how this ended up in the Spark forum but I must have done some error in my selection:)
The question was regarding a 4-tec but it is also interesting to discuss for the ACE engine.
If compared to snow mobile I have a friend with a Yamaha Nytro 4 stroke, it has about 1000 hours on it and still running strong.
I have also seen Seadoos with 4-tec engines for sale with 6-700 hours without rebult so I'm just wondering wen problems will start to show.

I have seen posts of folks claiming 900-1000 hours on the 4-tec non SC. I would say if it is well maintained and used moderately (not WOT all the time) it is very likely that the 155hp engines could go a long time. Probably more likely to get better life from a boat engine as opposed to one in a ski just because ski's are usually driven harder than the boats.

Back