how can I get my seadoo boat to plane faster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
like jtexas said...start with the vts all the way down or in SKI mode, nail the throttle full blast, and wait about 3-5 seconds. Then start to push the VTS forward over the next 3-5 seconds. They plane pretty slowly anyway, but this is the quickest way I have found to do it.

If you are spinning and cavitating, you may need to check and/or replace that wear ring.

sorry guys, there ain't no VTS on 3 seat skis or boats. take the pumps off and re-seal the ring where the pump meets the hull. use about a quarter tube of rtv per pump. a little air getting in goes a really long way towards ruining your day.

sorry guys, there ain't no VTS on 3 seat skis or boats. take the pumps off and re-seal the ring where the pump meets the hull. use about a quarter tube of rtv per pump. a little air getting in goes a really long way towards ruining your day.

the 08 RXT-X has VTS

Research...?

Sorry Derek....I gotta let you in on a little clue. The 96 and 97 model Challengers both had VTS systems. I don't see why all the boats aren't equipped with them.

I own the 97, so I can speak from experience, as can Scooper, he owns the same boat as I do..........and we both have the VTS.

As for the original poster, I did'nt see the boat type, but if you have twin 110's, then you have the 1800 Challenger. So, it does not have the VTS. But, you can make the boat plane a lot faster according to how you have the weight distributed in the boat. :cheers:

Sorry Derek....I gotta let you in on a little clue. The 96 and 97 model Challengers both had VTS systems. I don't see why all the boats aren't equipped with them.

I own the 97, so I can speak from experience, as can Scooper, he owns the same boat as I do..........and we both have the VTS.

As for the original poster, I did'nt see the boat type, but if you have twin 110's, then you have the 1800 Challenger. So, it does not have the VTS. But, you can make the boat plane a lot faster according to how you have the weight distributed in the boat. :cheers:

Snpies always has great info......:cheers:
Im guessing that the wearring and impeller "MAY" need to be replaced.

Quote....As for the original poster, I did'nt see the boat type, but if you have twin 110's, then you have the 1800 Challenger.

be'n 96", think it may be the Speedster, butlike you said, its only post, so...say he'd figured it out by now...:cheers:

I have to change my answer.

I have since put in a Swirl impeller (and new wear ring while I was in there), and now it pops right out of the water, no matter where my trim is and with nearly 900 lbs of passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back