Hopeful engine swap.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nflybye

I have the option to buy a 1995 gts for $300 because of a bad crank. I was wondering if I could swap the gts for a gtx engine. Any help would be great. The place that I would be buying the motor from said that it would fit the same as the original gts engine. Thank you

What engine are you thinking about? Though the years... the engines changed in the GTX.

But... I'll make it easy for you... the 720, and smaller engines are generally swapable. If you move into the 800 engine, the mounts are totally different. You can use it for a swap... but it's no longer a "Bolt-in" project.

agree with the Doc.
720 and down generally easy (engine wise, but you have some electronic concerns)
787 down or 787 up and you have to mod the hull for motor mounts, + electronics, anything can be done but for it to be a simple swap, stick with the exact same engine.

Oh well

I have the option to buy a 1995 gts for $300 because of a bad crank. I was wondering if I could swap the gts for a gtx engine. Any help would be great. The place that I would be buying the motor from said that it would fit the same as the original gts engine. Thank you

Thank you both for the info. I missed it. the guy already sold it.

agree with the Doc.
720 and down generally easy (engine wise, but you have some electronic concerns)
787 down or 787 up and you have to mod the hull for motor mounts, + electronics, anything can be done but for it to be a simple swap, stick with the exact same engine.

So yall are saying if i have tha 580 yellow engine i san swap in a 580 white engine or up to a 720 and the engine it self would be a bolt it?

Yes and no, the engine will bolt in (fit the motor mounts), the electronics and carbs. will be different, if you are contemplating a swap you should look for a running ski with a junk hull.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back