Help with 1997 Seadoo Jetski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewToys

We just bought a 1997 Seadoo XP Jetski we have had it out a few times and it started and ran however it would just simply quit on us.. Since then we changed the plugs added a new battery and cleaned the fuel filter because we were having trouble getting to start..After we did this it started back up then rolled in the water several times but flipped it back over quickly.. . Now after starting it the plugs immediately foul.. The plugs had water in them could there be water in the engine if not then what is our problem were at a loss?

Spin engine with plugs out, 15 sec at a time for about 3 min, this gets most out where it will run, but YOU need to immediatly drive the ski for at least a half hour
to get all the moisture out of the crannies that can rust the crank if you don't.
FOG engine good at end of day shut-off. Then new *plugs. THEN yer good! BR8ES
*plugs gap .021. Bills86e

I had the same problem. Has this ski ever been in salt water? If so, replace the gasket between the exhaust and the pump. That is the gasket that is on the top of the exhaust right above the motor. Mine was leaking water into the cylinders and fouling the plugs. I found the problem after I went through the carbs, cleaned out the fuel tank and replaced the fuel selector valve. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back