Help & Advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobby901

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and i stumbled across it by accident. :hurray:

I need some advise/help i purcahsed a brand new Seadoo RXP 2007 picked it up on Friday. i took it for a ride on SAturday for an hour. when we went to take it out on Sunday the oil light and that peercing noise came on. We checked and at the bottom of the hull there was oil.
I've taken it back to the dealer as the ski is only 1hr old, but i prefer to either have it replaced with a new one or get my money back :confused:

Does anyone know of what the problem could be? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lobby.

My ski has an oil deposit in the hull all the time.
Its dumped out off the bottom of the sump.
All Seadoo's do this I think.
The audible alarm is just a warning to tell you your oil resevoir is low.
So just top it up and it should go off.

There has been a thread on here, where someone had a leak on there
oil line.

Allso your Seadoo dealer should be able to check it over for you for free.

There's no problem!

Your engine is only one hour old and the Doo is still under warranty, I'm sure. To request another doo/engine isn't warranted. These engines have so many safety systems on them, that it's almost impossible for you to harm it. If there was a leaky oil line or oil from a seal or something, then your oil reservoir got a little low and sent out an audible alarm. I'm certain, without a doubt, that any damage was done. Besides, if there was any major problem with what happened, the dealer would want to keep it in the shop to repair parts that may be leaking rather than replace a $3000 dollar engine.
Set your mind at ease and when it's ready, take it back out and after breakin, do a lot of WOT (wide open throttle) running to make sure the integrity of the engine is gonna be there for years to come!

Welcome to the forum. I found this site the same way and have been stuck here every since..lol This is a great place to meet and discuss concerns and problems with other owners...remember to come back and tell us your good times too!

It kinda sounds to me too that the leaking oil happened over nite while it was sitting idle.The low oil buzzer happened because it was at the low level before you started It. If it came on while you were riding it I would be a little concerened, but you said it happened the next day so I wouldn't get worried. Defiantly have the selling dealer check it out...Than as seadoosnipe says, give it a good run after breakin ...have fun.
Karl

Thanks guys i'm glad i found this site

KArl Yes this did happen whilst i was out riding trying to enjoy the awesome weather over the w/end and in the middle of nowhere i was stranded lmfko :rofl: although amusing at the time - not very impressed. Is that bad? as they think the oil valve has been screwed in the wrong way. A brand new seadoo personally shouldn't have these probs, as we've never had a prob in the past with any new ski purchased. i've put my foot down being a typical female and requested a new seadoo or my money back :boxing_smiley: This was no leak this was flooded even though we tried to top it up it just poured out again. They've had it there for 3 days and no one has bothered to look at it - so that's where i gave him the dealer 2 options - money back or the seadoo which originally was suppose to be sold to me not the showroom 1. :boxing_smiley::rant:

And Keep it DOWN!

I totally agree with you. This is a prime example of a dealership taking advantage of a customer. They stood there on the floor with their big talk about all this and all that and we stand behind our product and then when you pay them, they've got no interest in getting your problem resolved in a timely manner.
You paid way to much money for this Doo to have this kind of problem with only an hour on it. There are laws that protect the consumer from this type of business practice. First, I'd think about calling the BBB, then remaining adamant to the dealership that you want what you paid for and not a demo model sitting on the show room floor.
Sorry, but I do agree with you 100%. This ski, brand new I know is more than $10,000 dollars and although I don't know what you paid, the point is, you should get a care free, fun filled ride for years to come without any problems with your Doo, or the dealership!......
I say, "Keep your foot down" and don't let up on these people. Even if it was a simple oil leak, it was their shotty assembly and testing that put them where they are with it now...........:rant:
Sorry for the rant, but this kind of stuff that bad mouths the good name and reliability of the Seadoo line really gets to me!

Lobby901, reading your post made the hair stand up on my neck! That kind of treatment from a dealer is not acceptable! I would stand my ground if it was me too! This isn't just a small problem, we aren't in peak season and they should have made your doo and situation a priority. As seadoosnipe says, these things aren't cheap. It sounds like from your post you are a repeat customer saying," you never had any problems in the past". If it was a used doo, that would be one thing...This is a brand new machine! If you don't get quick results I would contact Seadoo direct and tell them about the problem your having with a dealer who distributes their PWC's and ask them to take action personally and inquire to the BBB and ask their advise on how to handle this situation. They shouldn't drag their feet anymore, and it should get resloved quickly. This is just my own personal opinion... oops, sorry for yelling...I'll calm down now...lol
Keep us posted and good luck with them.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back