HELP 2011 RXP X 260 Sank what to do

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOXSTER964

I have a 2011 260 rxpx son had it riva exhaust hose (installed by previous owner) came apart poor install. But the ski sank flushed ski with in minutes. But i cannot figure out how water got in the oil? I thought the oil system was sealed? The intercooler was completely full of water flushed with fresh water and diesel fuel looks ok. But now not sure how to get the crank case cleaned, is engine removal and tear down only way? tried flushing with new oil but just a milky mess. 50hrs on ski.
Thanks
Tony

Pull the plugs and crank the engine to purge the cylinders. Have a few set of spark plugs available. Drain and change the oil, get it to fire up. Once you get it to run, drain and change the oil again, and the filter. Fire it up again. You will need to get to a ramp and run it while in the water. You should run it for 30 minutes. Even better if you can launch it and go riding as this will get the entire engine and compartment nice and warm and help to get rid of residual water. If you don't do this, the water that is in the engine will destroy the motor as it will rust.

You May need to change the oil up to 4 times to totally clear the water from the internal of the engine.

Pull the plugs and crank the engine to purge the cylinders. Have a few set of spark plugs available. Drain and change the oil, get it to fire up. Once you get it to run, drain and change the oil again, and the filter. Fire it up again. You will need to get to a ramp and run it while in the water. You should run it for 30 minutes. Even better if you can launch it and go riding as this will get the entire engine and compartment nice and warm and help to get rid of residual water. If you don't do this, the water that is in the engine will destroy the motor as it will rust.

You May need to change the oil up to 4 times to totally clear the water from the internal of the engine.

Do just as Coastiejoe wrote.

No oil system is completely sealed and is not designed to be. Get all the water out and get it running, keep changing oil until it is clear and not milky at all. Check and clean your oil filter as the water will plug it up and collapse it.

Thanks for all the help. I guess I'm concerned about running the engine will this very heavy milkshake for oil in the engine. Don't want to wipe out main and rod bearings. I did get to start and checked oil still milkshake. 4 more times see if it does the trick.

Get it started, new oil and filter, run it, new oil and filter, repeat until oil is good. This is the ONLY answer. Then get it to the lake and run it for at least 30 mins so that all the water hiding in the block will either be washed away due to the oil hitting it evaporated due to engine block heat.

Any other formula and the engine will be destroyed due to water and or rust.

Guys Thanks So much for all the info My machine is alive and running great 6 oil changes and oil is clear.
I did learn something too completely drain oil is to pickup rear of ski and lean to starboard side. i wasted a ton of oil because i had the ski nose up could not get the bad oil out until leveling and tilting to starboard or dipstick side
Thanks Again for all of the info..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back