Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

delta_shop

Hello, I just replaced my 2004 RXP 215HP with a 2011 260 Horsepower engine, I received the engine with the crank and the cam gears already in place, stated in description of eBay that it was a good running engine, I reused my old flywheel (used new flywheel bolts) and reused the back cover, now it will not start, seems like its having a timing issue. Anybody have any ideas of what I did wrong while swapping the engine. When I swapped the engines I was 100% sure they were identical but I didn't not count teeth on the gears. New engine came with the cam position sensor already installed which matched my old plug, crank position sensor I reused from my old engine with the back cover. I checked and the spark plugs are making sparks. Once again I think it is a timing issue because when I'm cranking the engine, it feels like its locking up or/and firing into the exhaust. Please Help!!! I would like to get this onto the water before summer is over.

You need a 260 fly wheel and your ecu is for 215 so yes it will not start and your flywheel from a 215 and it’s on a 260 it’s not going to work

The 215 and 260 are basically the same engine so you are good there. However, in 2006ish they changed the pin position on the crankshaft because of the CPS position change on the pto from 12 o'clock to 7 o'clock. So, you can use your 2004 flywheel but it need to be re clocked which means drilling a new hole to adjust for this change. You could also use the 2011 pto housing if that is easier but it will never start until you get the trigger position corrected.

Do a search on here. I've explained how to do this in detail many times and is simple. I do it all the time.

Last edited:
The 215 and 260 are basically the same engine so you are good there. However, in 2006ish they changed the pin position on the crankshaft because of the CPS position change on the pto from 12 o'clock to 7 o'clock. So, you can use your 2004 flywheel but it need to be re clocked which means drilling a new hole to adjust for this change. You could also use the 2011 pto housing if that is easier but it will never start until you get the trigger position corrected.

Do a search on here. I've explained how to do this in detail many times and is simple. I do it all the time.
I cant seem to find how to do it because im not used to this forum but if you are willing to, can you please give a more detailed explanation please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back