Head Unit Wiring Question (Power Leads)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnpalmer

I was wondering what everyone else on the forum has done on how they've wired their head units for power.

Most HU's have both a constant power and a switched power lead. I'm wondering who's rigged their radios using either method.

If you've used the switched power lead, what have you hooked it up to as the switched source?

If you've used the constant power what have you run the lead to?

Looking for some suggestions as best to hook up my head unit in my 03 Sportster.

:)Just finished putting a killer system in my Challenger. The way I did it was ran 12v/ground directly to my battery (with amp 12v/ground). Then I hooked up a switch to shut the radio off. I mounted the switch in between the tach and speedo. I also did a dual battery system with a isolator and I have a switch to engage the isolator also. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Thanks for the reply and suggestion! Does the switch just control the power to the head unit or the amp as well? Does your amp draw any power with a direct line to the battery?

The switch just shuts the radio off. You could hook the switch up to do both if you wanted. I just ran the remote wire output of the deck to the amp and that effectivly does the same thing. When the deck shuts off, the amp shuts off. As long as the amp is off, it will draw no power. The deck will if constant (yellow wire) is hooked to the battery (clock, presets, eq, etc). Good luck! :hat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back