Blew my 951 XPL and decided to go with the FullBore Online Signature Series 995cc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icantswim

Hi all,

I havent posted much, well actually I havent posted anything so far lol, so I figured this would be a good thread to start since I have not found any that involved Fullbore Online's signature series motor. So here is the back story:

I purchased a 1998 Seadoo XPL earlier this year. The ski ran decently at first but started having problems on the top end where it would get up to about 40mph and then it would collapse. The problem became progressively worse where it wouldnt do much above idle and would even plane. So I decided that for this ski (i've owned 4 others) I would take it to a shop and have them do a throrough inspection and fix what needed fixing. Well it was reported by the tech that the fuel filters and lines all needed to replaced, gas tank and pick-up cleaned and couple other items. Well long story short, I had all the work done by a (reputable) shop in San Diego called DWS Powersports. After spending a good deal of money there, I took the ski out for its first seatrials after the work being completed, and go figure the Motor Seized up the PTO Cylinder! I wasnt furious, and of course my first reaction was to call the shop and take it back for them to see what happened. Long story short the shop did what they could of washing their hands of any responsibility. Later on I would pull the motor and discover that some of the lines were not replaced as I had paid for, which also tells me that they did not go through the ski top to bottom as I had paid for them to do. Nevertheless this is not the point of this post, and I have a lawyer looking into the matter.

So after researching all my options which included, SES (seadoo engine shop), SBT, Watercraft Magic, Ebay, and offerup. The absolute best option (FOR ME) was Fullbore Online's signature series. I kind of stumbeled upon this option as it is not searchable from their website to find you actually have to search for signature series. Anyway, this is what the build entails: Full Bore was initially a high performance shop. To be honest we miss it. So we are bringing back some of Dan’s favorites.

So we are reintroducing our Signature series 1000.

Our 1000 SS is a straight forward performance engine rebuild that keeps rock solid reliability, runs on pump (premium 91-93 octane) gas, no difficult carb mods and pulls like hell.

We start with the Sea doo 951 and take it to a 995cc’s. There is no substitute for cc’s. Precision fitted with Wossner forged performance pistons. Of course it goes without saying that the crankshaft is rebuilt to our Platinum specs and fitted with Teflon coated seals. We slightly raise the compression. Increased intake flow and control with Carbon tech reeds. Followed with atomizing (minor porting) the transfer fuel charge and swirl the head to control detonation and flat out increase performance that the average person can enjoy without having to revolve their life around trying to make it work.

It’s simple, it's solid and it rocks!" The platinum includes: Every PWC engine rebuild is done one at a time. When we receive your engine for a rebuild it is checked in and tagged and assigned a bin with your name. The engine will stay with the assigned bin until it is completed and returned to you. The engine is disassembled and inspected. We document what appears to of been the cause of the failure and discard the old pistons, rods, bearings, seals and any other old parts other than the core cylinders, head, crankshaft, cases and bolts. The remaining core parts are chemically cleaned and or media blasted. All gasket surfaces are prepped and then a final clean in an alkaline based cleaner. The bolts are cleaned of old sealant, Loctite, corrosion and the threads are chased. The threads in the cases and cylinders are also all chased. This ensures that all bolts can obtain proper torque and apply equal pressure when assembled. The Crankshaft is disassembled (pressed apart) and the rods, pins, bearing, and seals are discarded and are replaced with all new parts including rods with 4 oil feeders per rod. After the crankshaft is reassembled and is trued to perfection and verified on a truing stand. Note we don’t weld the crankshaft to make up for loose fitting cheap parts. We do the final verification for fit and true running in your engine cases where it is supported on all of the bearing surfaces and verified for true in its real running conditions. The cylinders are squared up from the base of the cylinder (to keep it squared up with the bottom end) on a real boring bar made for 2 cycle engines and bored. Not a done with a hone only or other improvised method that some are doing. Then we final sized with the proper hone. We measure each cylinder in 8 places to verify a perfect match to its assigned piston. All of the ports are chamfered in our traditional 3 stage manner. All of the machine work is done in house here at Full Bore and exceeds factory quality specifications. All of Full Bore rebuilt engines are built with new top quality parts, pistons, rings, pins, clips, rods, bearings, gaskets and seals. These aren't SBT remans and we don't and won't use SBT parts in anything we do. We only use parts that over the years and have proven them worthy of being in a full bore engine. Our platinum engine rotates easier and produces less friction. This results in less heat, less drag, and more Horse Power, while increasing the dependability. We spend 12-16 hours on each and every rebuild. No shortcuts, no false claims, no bull, just perfection and attention to detail. All of our engines are built to last and we stand behind them, with a warranty on parts and craftsmanship.

Our Platinum rebuild now comes with a 2 year warranty."

I called and spoke with the owners with everyone except SBT and obv ebay/offerup, and was really impressed with what he had to say and the responsiveness of the customer service. Basically the owner said that this is a motor that if he were to build one for his personal ski this is his approach to it. I'm sure that everyone will have an opinion on what I should've done or used, but again, this is the option that works best for me.

I am currently speaking with Watercraft Magic on a good Carb set-up for this motor, I believe the standard 951 Jetting kit (85 lows, 167 mains with a 2.3 needle and seat with stock springs, with prok air filters) will be good enough. But if anyone has any feedback please do share. I am a business owner of a high-stress fast-pace industry and this is how I keep my sanity so I am really looking forward to have a fully built ski and am going to go "all-out" as I can with it, and within rea$on.

I will post pics and updates and my build progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back