Has anyone used this oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

100dollarbill

Has anyone used Lucas Oil 10115 Semi-synthetic 2 cycle oil?
lucas.oil.jpg It says it exceeds API-TC. $32.99 on Amazon. Is semi-synthetic ok for my 96 speedster with twin 720's?
2 years ago the guy at a well known marine store (not East) sold me their brand of oil. I told him it says TC-W3 and I can't use it, even though it says for Seadoo. He told me "no I use it on all my Seadoos".
Well the boat never worked right anyway (not really blaming the oil) it had many problems when I bought it. I'm running premix and only put a couple gallons of gas in it since I had it. Now the boat is at the shop (has been for 2 months) getting both motors replaced. If this oil is ok should I have the guy drain the little bit of gas left or can I just add more gas with the new oil premixed?

Ok so after some more research it seems this oil is ok for my boat.
But I am still wondering about this oil premixed with the other oil in the gas tank. There is not much in the tank. The oil injection system had been removed before I got it.

I use it. Works great and much cheaper than XPS. I also have experience with it on MX bikes and top ends wear as normal. Didn't gum any powervalves up.

I wouldn't mix it with other oil.

You also need to make sure you still have oil in the tank supplying the rotary gear even premixing.

You also need to make sure you still have oil in the tank supplying the rotary gear even premixing.
Understood.
The oil tank was removed before I got the boat. Both motors are being replaced as we speak. Supposed to pick it up tomorrow. I'm sure he knows to put oil in the engine for the rotary gear but I'll make sure he does.
He also said he is draining the gas tank and refilling it.

You need a way to keep oil in the rotary gear. Most just leave the tank. This is something you are going to have to check all the time. Some loop the hoses and use a radiator flush tee from Prestone too. Either way you need to make sure there’s oil in it before every ride.

Honestly the OEM injection system is so much easier.

Is there a circulating action on the gear oil lines? Always wondered why the oil pump doesn't just get supplied by the big return line. It would simplify all that hose routing.

Nope, it is just a gravity filled chamber. As the brass rotary gear wears it can leave small bits of brass in the oil, you wouldn't want that in your injection pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back