Quicksilver 2stroke oil type

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
So after reading on this forum more I found out I didn't need the Quicksilver FULL Synthetic for my premixed 1994 SP and GTX. I ran 2 quarts each mixed in them so far since I bought them. Now I know better and I need the Quicksilver Synthetic Blend. My problem is I noticed they have a specific PWC/Snowmobile Synthetic Blend oil and also a Multi-Use one. The Multi-Use one says on the back it is good for PWCs. I attached screenshots of the ones Im talking about. Can anyone direct me to the best one or does it matter either way? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230611-122954.png
    Screenshot_20230611-122954.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20230611-123029.png
    Screenshot_20230611-123029.png
    623.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20230611-123228.png
    Screenshot_20230611-123228.png
    473.9 KB · Views: 8
The first two are no good as they are TC-W3 oils and not what is recommended in a Rotax engine. The PWC/snowmobile one might be ok. I had to do a lot of reading on JASO-FD oil. It seems that the JASO standards were created because the API specifications were not precise enough for Japanese engine manufacturers and they created the JASO standards to build on the API standards. That being said, I only use oil that indicates API-TC.

JASO Oil Specifications - oilspecifications.org

Wow! Good thing I asked, thank you for your response! I will look into the PWC/Snowmobile one but do you think I should just stick with the Full Synthetic Quicksilver? I have 1994 without the RAVE valves so I was reading that a synthetic blend is better.

Gotcha yeah that was what I was going to ask you next. Guess can't go wrong with Sea Doos brand. Just liked the convenience of having it at Walmart haha. This is the one you go with?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230611-201847.png
    Screenshot_20230611-201847.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 6
Nice! Thanks for the heads up and great info! I will buy that one right away. What type of battery do you use in yours? Mine just went out and I think the previous owner had the wrong one doesn't fit the shape of the battery holder

Just as an FYI, if you are using a different brand currently, you should flush out the oil before you add a different brand. Never mix different brands as the might not play nice with each other.

To be honest I am not sure what battery I have but it fits perfect in mine. I will try and take a look next time I have a chance.

Ahhh gotcha, yeah I remember I flushed it when I first got them because I didn't know what oil the previous owner used. So I guess it time to do it again uggh, great reminder tho thank you!

Back