Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pirrone8

First time using this forum so I'm looking forum to this. Anyways, I have a 2013 GTX 215 I bought for $1000 that had a bad output sleeve driveshaft and motor mounts. I replaced all broken items did an alignment and all was running well for the next 15 hours. Went to change the spark plugs and dropped one of them on the ground. I did a brief inspection and thought all was fine. After installing them it ran great for about 1 minute then it stalled and was running very weak after that. I got it out of the water pulled the plugs and noticed the one had the gap completely closed and oil appeared to be leaking out the valve cover. I figured I missed the plug gap somehow after I dropped it and replaced the plug and ran it again to have it stall out at about 55 mph and gave me an engine code. Code said Topps switch. Figured it made sense for no crankcase venting and pressure shot oil out the valve cover so I took it apart and all seemed fine. Next, I did a compression test and read 30 psi in cylinder 2. Took the head off and instantly discovered the piston to be what looks like melted along with a little bit of corrosion build up between the intake valves on the head. I ordered the parts to rebuild it but I am worried that it will happen again if I don't figure out why it happened in the first place. My thoughts are that it's running lean but not sure where to go from there besides visual inspection of the head and intake manifold and maybe replacing an injector. Some more thoughts on this would be appreciated. 20190813_205217.jpg20190813_205223.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back