GTX 2001 will not start after storage

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased this 2001 GTX today and actually went for a 15 minute ride. It started right up and I was checking out top speed, acceleration, gauges etc. I was able to get the ski up to 58 on a choppy day which seemed pretty comparable to my 2000 gtx. Then it stalled at idle and could not be started again. Anyway, we pulled the ski out and tried replacing the spark plugs, adding some new gas, around 2 gallons ,but it just would not turn over. I thought that the old gas might be causing this even though the owner said stabil was used. We ended up exhausting the battery. Just a little history. The ski was always kept in a heated garage and was not used for last couple of seasons. The owner provided me work order that the ski was professionally winterized when it was stored. The ski is in excellent condition both inside and out. Anyway, I just ordered a repair manual to start troubleshooting and thought I would start here until the manual arrives. Any thoughts where I might begin as I'm not too familiar with a fuel injected ski. My other two skis are carbs.

Thanks Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back