gts encoded key problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mizunoman

I have a 99 gts and I went to get it ready for the summer today, but after placing a new battery in it there are no beeps when I place the key on it. I think there are supposed to be two beeps to let me know that everything is ready to go, but it does nothing. Like there is no power. Is there a reset or something that could make it do this, or is something wrong with the key? I know the battery has power, it's new. I have never had any problems with this one before so I am stumped. Thanks for any help that you can give.

Check the wire connections Follow the positive and the ground to the starter and be sure the wires are clean and have a good connection. Clean the post with soapy water and dry it off. Don't use any grease ot anything on it just leave it clean and dry if possible. Let us know how you make out.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if you think it could be a fuse? I am not really sure where they are located but I have read that it has two different fuses.

I think on your model the fuses are in the front under the storage box. I'll check the menual for you when I get a chance if you don't find them.
I would thing it could still be the main wire connections on the battery and the ground.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back