GTS 96 MPEM in 93?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBird

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have a similar issue to the “Confirmation of a dead MPEM on a 1994 GTS” thread. I have a 96 GTS and a 93 GTS. I know the MPEM is not listed to work, but could it? Would the STOP switch now need to be a START/STOP switch. It has progressively gotten worse about running after starting. It was running well, then loose power over about 30 seconds, then die. If I let it sit it would do the same thing, but the running time has gotten shorter and now runs but rough. Things done so far:
All new fuel lines, selector switch, and check valves (checked for proper orientation.) New Mikuni carburetor with priming system instead of choke. Removed fuel tank, dumped, and cleaned tank and pickup. Rebuilt starter and new AGM battery 13.2V when key off. New spark plugs, coil, and VR from OSD. It has run really well with after these have been installed, so it seems like I’m down to switch and MPEM, so that is what brings up the question. Haven’t compression tested it because it ran well, but will do that as well just to rule out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back