Gonna be an interesting winter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkie Bob

I've got my recently purchased 05 GTX (got to use it about 2 months, last of season) on stands in my auto repair/tire shop with a whole list of badly neglected maintenance issues before going back to the lake next spring. It needs;

Supercharger rebuild
Impeller/wear ring service
Steering "vanes" re-sealed
Oil/filter change
New carbon seal and boot

I hope to get some advise on some of these, for example what's the best place to have the impeller rebuilt?

Got the impeller/pump housing off yesterday, edges of the impeller really remind me of a serrated knife blade. Wear ring has grooves 1/2 as deep as it's thickness.
Bearings seem seem to have 0 play, the gentleman I bought it from used it in a couple rivers that are really shallow in spots, I expect he sucked gravel occasionally.

I've made arrangements for "Inland Jet" to repair/rebuild the impeller and also purchased a Delron wear ring and aftermarket synthetic waterproof grease from them. Total for 1 way shipping, rebuild, lube, ring and all related is $216.84

Even it that horrible shape the old bitch was still running (by speedo. Yea, I know they ain't dead on) 68mph.

And a bit of weirdness. Every picture I've seen of the pump shaft inside the plastic nose cone of the pump show it to have a two sided nub to be gripped in a vise while removing the impeller.
When I got the specialty tool to remove the impelle and popped the nose cone off mine has a Allen hex head requiring a 12mm Allen instead of the flats. Luckily I have owned a SnapOn socket for years we use here in the shop for miscellaneous fasteners. So now with 3 fairly specialized tools the impeller is on its way to the repair shop.IMG_20181030_103518383_HDR.jpgIMG_20181030_103909906.jpg

And yes, you certainly don't HAVE to have a extended length $60. SnapOn 5mm socket to remove the nose cone, but when you've been a tool junkie for 40+ years,, any excuse to buy another is justifiable.

Got the impeller rebuild back and new wear ring installed." Inland Jet" did a fantastic job getting it back to spec. They did send the wrong wear ring, fit the housing but impeller wouldn't begin to fit inside it. When I informed them they sent the correct one at no charge without expecting a return on the first one.(I destroyed it removing it)IMG_20181220_075309684.jpgIMG_20181220_075207296.jpgIMG_20190212_122021147_HDR.jpgIMG_20181220_075309684.jpgIMG_20181220_075207296.jpgIMG_20190212_122021147_HDR.jpg

Now, for the carbon seal and boot while the jet's off.

And supercharger kit's setting here just dying to be opened !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back