2000 Seadoo Challenger 1800 sportjet 210 winterizing Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmax258

Hey Everyone,

Looking for some advise about winterizing a seized engine. Recently purchased a 2000 Seadoo Challenger 1800 with a 210 sportjet that is seized and apon closer investigation the block has a quarter sized hole and i can see the piston haha glad i got a good deal on it. I will pull the motor this winter and probably buy a remanufactured motor and dress it up with the parts off the old one. I was going to drain the gear lube and stator before we start getting freezing temps and hopefully there's no sign of water in there. is there anything else i should worry about? Like the 2 exhaust cans? Are they self Draining? Anything else you guys recommend? I probably wont get to pull the motor for a few months and that means it will be subjected to freezing temps being outside. Thanks for the help. Winter is coming :(

I have exactly the same boat/motor combination. All I do is tip the bow up to drain out the water... then fog the engine and pull the battery out.

As above... bow up, and change the gear oil. Oh... put stabilizer in the fuel tank.

Since the engine will be out... no worries there.

The cans are basically self draining, but even if there is a little water in them... and it freezes... it won't hurt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back