2000 Challenger 1800 with 210HP, not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hello All,

I am hoping that I might be able to get some guidance and advice on an issue I am having.

I have a 2000 Challenger 1800 with the 210HP Mercury Powerhead.

The issue I am having is that it is hard to start once the engine has been warmed up and most of the time it will not fire up at all. When cranking it does not try to kick at all as if it is not getting any fuel and you cannot detect a gas smell even after a substantial amount of cranking. I have a pair of Optima Marine batteries, so I am almost certain that it is not an electrical issue. If you let it sit for an hour it starts right up as if nothing was wrong. Although they have both been replaced, I have not modified the original electric prime pump and the mechanical bellows pump configuration for fuel delivery.

Is there a better fuel delivery system available?

Thank you for help,

Mike

Take tools and be ready for your next hot-restart troubles. After cranking a bunch and it not starting, pull a few spark plugs. Are they wet? Engine flooded? Take an in-line spark tester and put it on a few plugs while cranking. Still got spark?. Cheers!

Back