Going nugget hunting in Arizona desert. Any hints, tricks, or tips?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
We will be staying a couple days in Santa Fe, then 3 or 4 days in Flagstaff and surrounding areas, and then 3-4 days in Yuma and surrounding areas.

Have an entry level metal detector, good for maybe up to a foot of depth.

Have a small pickaxe, shovels, and lots of elbow grease.

Anyone have any hints, tips, tricks that might help me out?

18.jpg

Sorry i cant offer any tips..but that sure sounds like fun. Are you just wondering on your own aimlessly or is there some type of location that is known to turn up nuggets that you dig at?

Not aimlessly. I have a couple of "sorts of places" that tend to have nuggets. But for the most part, yes, aimlessly.

Weather is gonna be chilly, from right at freezing in the north of AZ and NM, up to the low 60s in Yuma, so the snakes should be nice and slow.

well, how was the nugget huntin scooper ????? anything good or just the chicken nugget 20pc deal ??? lol, let us know , alright ????

The second 2 links in post #3 are both very tasty. I grew up in SoCal, and we would go into Az all the time to ride dirtbikes, or play on the river.

As far as finding nuggets... I can't help. One of my Buddies Dad's use to go out... and in all the years, one time he found a HUGE nugget just under the surface dust, just getting out of the jeep. Honestly... I think you will find more gold at the beaches. (where people loose things)

Let us know what you find.

I found a bunch of nuggets of what looks like lead. Maybe bismuth??? :confused:

Lots of bullets.

Brought home a bunch of nice looking rocks for landscaping our yard.

addon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
least u had fun, cool, u really found alot with that metal detector, like youve posted on other link, but that lake is fillin back up i heard

Back