Getting ready to replace the infamous grey fuel lines.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan1323

My main question is how many clamps do I need? I was thinking 20 would be more than enough?

Also any tips and tricks for replacing them? ALL help wanted

thanks in advance

Yes 20+- ft should cover it. Do a search on the grey fuel lines, there are endlessssss threads out there on this

- best tip is just do 1 at a time so you don't lose track.
- i find it easier to pop the fuel selector loose to change the hoses on it (umm from memory:pop out the rubber plug, remove the philips head screw, pull the knob off, loosen the large hex nut and the whole thing should then drop inside the hull
- replace the small lines on the carbs when you take them off to clean
pretty simple, just take your time.

Not a bad job it just takes time. I would suggest an inline fuel filter just before the carbs, that will keep the smaller crap out that your water separator will not catch.
As Jake said replace the oil lines from your pump to your intake, and change the oil filter if that has not been done recently. If you are cleaning your carbs be sure to line up your oil pump lever with the notch on the pump and bleed the oil lines before you start it up.
This pic shows all the oil lines from the pump.

I've watched a few YouTube videos I'd also like to have some good links from there if you guys have any.
Thanks

I did my gtx and took a heap of photos before I started.I zip tied and tagged each line.I also made sure the hose clamps are facing in a direction that I can get to and retighten easily at a later date.The zips were about 4-5 inches from the clamps.Just to be sure.And as all before me said.1-2 hoses at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back