Fresh Find Friday! Project HX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, that thing is a real roach!!! I can't wait to see it get back in shape. Amazing change in the bar pad.

Nam, are you headed to Plant City today? If so, hit me up and stop by. I'm off I-4 at exit 32.

I know you're not "looking" for a hood, but i just thought i'd call anyway, he doesn't think he has any, but will let me know if he does, i figured if it was like $10 or so, I could trade you that for phone technical support :)

Nammer you would be the man if you could score that. You could call in for tech support anytime.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dan, that thing is a real roach!!! I can't wait to see it get back in shape. Amazing change in the bar pad.

Nam, are you headed to Plant City today? If so, hit me up and stop by. I'm off I-4 at exit 32.

the guy still hasn't gotten back to me, but i'll def holla at you when I find out!

Nammer you would be the man if you could score that. You could call in for tech support anytime.

that's prob me dreaming, he prob doesn't have it, but knowing most people he'd rather try to sell it for like 30-50 bucks than just clear out space

What else would you expect from me. I like turning trash into treasure. I probably could buy a super clean one but it's the upfront money I have problems parting with sometimes. I've personally never owned a new car, my wife has been through several. Heck my 97 Yukon has 198,XXX miles on it and I wouldn't have to think twice about leaving right now and driving to Alaska and back in her

Too bad you didnt get this before black friday so you could of picked up some cheap mats.

I did how ever buy a sheet of gray Diamond plate so I could cut my own. I really like the HX lettering on the mats but they are so thin. If I do get new ones I'll wait until next year and get purple wishbone.

Those mats pull up real easy. When/if you remove them its simple, once you get a corner up it peels up like butta

Nice find racerxxx.
I just finished putting all my parts on the 717 for my god dauthers HX. This is about as far as I can go with my project unless we get a warm day. My wife won't let me paint, sand, compound, use heavy chemicals in the house. I asked her if i could bring the HX in to my spare room in the basement. yea she didnt find me funny. She just doesn't understand. lol
Next big project is a garage.

Starting to look good already!

Hey nammer keep posting parts I need some too. Lol just kidding

Couldn't take it, had to do a little clean up. The weather was crap today so I just did a quick clean up on the inside/outside. The outside finally got a wash after a few years of grime. Going to drain the remainder of the gas and put some fresh stuff in there and clean the carbs and hope to replace the fuel lines with the extra from the XP.

Did a compression test last night 150 in the PTO lung and 148 in the MAG lung, she's going to be a runner for sure. I'm not doing a tear down like my XP.

Here's some before and afters, I'll be hitting the inside again when I have some sun to work under, not quite clean enough yet. It has some cobbled exhaust studs so I'll probably take the pipe off and drill and helicoil so I can use the correct hardware. But all in all she looks worthy, excluding the cosmetics.

125.jpg

126.jpg

127.jpg

1.jpg

128.jpg

After Shots:

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit some more of the rubber parts with the Naptha. Just saved me some more cash money. Looks like for now I can live with the pivot covers. Looks like it must have got dug into by something. But a big difference to say the least. This was just a quickey, when I pull the seat I'll hit them up real good.

Before:

133.jpg

134.jpg

After the Naptha treatment:

135.jpg

136.jpg

Okay, what did you do to get the inside of the hull so clean? I gotta do this with my grimy GSX, and if it turns out like this ill be happy. Super Clean i assume? Did you do alot of scrubbing? Or Powerwashing?

Okay, what did you do to get the inside of the hull so clean? I gotta do this with my grimy GSX, and if it turns out like this ill be happy. Super Clean i assume? Did you do alot of scrubbing? Or Powerwashing?

Super clean from Walmart, $8 a gallon. Spray it on, and on and on with a spray bottle. I have a round bristle brush and just quickly scrub the hull then spray again and you'll see the clean hull, then flush with the garden hose. My pressure washer is winterized and I wouldn't use that any way, the house pressure is strong enough. Wear rubber gloves this stuff will dry your hands out and they will peel for a few days.
Keep it to the inside only, no outside of the hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super clean from Walmart, $8 a gallon. Spray it on, and on and on with a spray bottle. I have a round bristle brush and just quickly scrub the hull then spray again and you'll see the clean hull, then flush with the garden hose. My pressure washer is winterized and I wouldn't use that any way, the house pressure is strong enough. Wear rubber gloves this stuff will dry your hands out and they will peel for a few days.
Keep it to the inside only, no outside of the hull.

Does it leave any oily film after?

Honestly I never checked. I always lather the inside with sea doo lube to protect it and make it shiny. I'll check tonight when I hit the shop.

Nope, bone dry no film or slippery feeling.

not really oily, it leaves a kinda slimy residue that takes a fair bit of rinsing to get rid of, at least on hands. maybe i should've been wearing gloves...

Yeah Striz, gloves are totally recommended. My hands looked like zombie with the skin peeling off when I did my XP. They actually caught on my T-shirts in the morning when getting dressed. Not this time I learned on my prior experience.

looking good when you get to ride it let me know what you think. I always thought my 717 hx was under powered but the setup I have now is not really good for lake riding i actually prefer the stock 787 with flame arresters and a slight compression bump it ran a high 57 mph and was relible on 93 octane. goodluck with your ski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back